All Windows Fully Black or White or No Windows Showing

HealthyDiet19

Hello everyone,

When loading an existing Logic X project / session, either none of the windows are visible or (after multiple restarts and re-opens) the “outlines / shapes” of windows are visible but the windows are all either completely black or completely white. Sometimes the playhead position line is visible.

I can hit the space bar and playback is working perfectly fine. Can not quit logic or load a different project, only force quit. Can access older versions of the project (saved under a different project version number), when opening these directly from the project folder. Opening one of the latest versions through the project folder leads to the same bug.

I am hoping that the collective knowledge of this forum is able to help…

Many thanks!

High Sierra (10.13.6), Logic X 10.4.6.

1433207972_ScreenShot2019-10-16at12_09_48.thumb.png.ef40e227935e1969a669f6ad2e68eb88.png

939796460_ScreenShot2019-10-16at12_07_54.thumb.png.b2a4177ced7d9ac6e7c20f4f0b2d2897.png

• 1 year later...
Have you tried an SMC/PRAM reset?

I know I am not able to post in a old thread but I think that link which you have shared here in your post it doesn't work, which I like to let you know that, you can fix it or at least check this link.

I just checked it and it works flawlessy from here (Montreal, Canada).

Depending of your location in the world, you may not be able to reach it.

Some shared url with my brother from Singapore often don't work over here and vice-versa.

Here is another link that your might try about NV/PRAM & SMC reset.

Take note however those procedures aren't of any use in the new M1 Macs...

I know I am not able to post in a old thread but I think that link which you have shared here in your post it doesn't work, which I like to let you know that, you can fix it or at least check this link.

I just checked it and it works flawlessy from here (Montreal, Canada).

Depending of your location in the world, you may not be able to reach it.

Some shared url with my brother from Singapore often don't work over here and vice-versa.

Here is another link that your might try about NV/PRAM & SMC reset.

Take note however those procedures aren't of any use in the new M1 Macs...

Thank you so much for checking this link and I also recheck it and update you about this link. I hope it will work