A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

 
cocoroman
Topic Author
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

One or multiple audio files changed in length

Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:57 pm

Was working in a new arrangement, so I've saved before I went to Dinner. When I came back; I saw this: One or multiple audio files changed in length.
Obviously whole Guitar track that I've been working on, just gone, and they repeat them selfs. And has an image as I have cut them. So the Guitar track is ruined.
Means, I will have to restart whole Guitar track again. Is it because yesterday I have updated to 10.4.7?.
If anyone can tell me, how to get back those edits again, will be very thankful..
LPX 10.5.1
OS X 10.14.6
Mac Desktop,Mid 2010
Processor 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
STARTUP DISK: MOJAVE
Graphics AMD Radeon Sapphire RX 570 4GB
Audio Interface: Rme-Fireface 800
 
User avatar
Atlas007
Posts: 10196
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:58 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: One or multiple audio files changed in length

Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:06 pm

Perhaps via undos? Or loading a backup?
If you have a cat at home, make sure it doesn't enter your studio... :wink:
LogicPro 10.6.3, MainStage3.5.3
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.12.6
MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.15.7
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, MCU Pro, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII
AAS, NI, Celemony, Spectrasonics, Korg, Arturia, etc...
PC, iPadPro 5th gen 12.9”(Duet D., V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL), Several vintage gear
 
cocoroman
Topic Author
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: One or multiple audio files changed in length

Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:14 pm

Hi Atlas007, I had a backup on the other Hard Drive, which I always do. Well it shows same mistake too. Yes, Life's a bitch, and then ...... I'll try with the UNDO's but it's gonna change so many things in the arrangement. Will see,
I'll let you know how it went. Thanks for your reply..
LPX 10.5.1
OS X 10.14.6
Mac Desktop,Mid 2010
Processor 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
STARTUP DISK: MOJAVE
Graphics AMD Radeon Sapphire RX 570 4GB
Audio Interface: Rme-Fireface 800
 
cocoroman
Topic Author
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: One or multiple audio files changed in length

Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:17 pm

O.K, I'm telling this again, there is even, NO Undo Historie in history.. Btw, while the Guitar track is not usable anymore. Also the main Singers track is not in it's place, so I have to do whole those tracks again. Which will cost me whole night btw. Thanks Logic, you did it again.
LPX 10.5.1
OS X 10.14.6
Mac Desktop,Mid 2010
Processor 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
STARTUP DISK: MOJAVE
Graphics AMD Radeon Sapphire RX 570 4GB
Audio Interface: Rme-Fireface 800
 
cocoroman
Topic Author
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: One or multiple audio files changed in length

Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:18 pm

Btw, I did an Emoji unhappy face on my mail. Logic won't even incase that.................................
LPX 10.5.1
OS X 10.14.6
Mac Desktop,Mid 2010
Processor 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
STARTUP DISK: MOJAVE
Graphics AMD Radeon Sapphire RX 570 4GB
Audio Interface: Rme-Fireface 800
 
cocoroman
Topic Author
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: One or multiple audio files changed in length

Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:20 pm

Well, f*%@ Logic pro X. I am changing my system to another Music Software.....
LPX 10.5.1
OS X 10.14.6
Mac Desktop,Mid 2010
Processor 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
STARTUP DISK: MOJAVE
Graphics AMD Radeon Sapphire RX 570 4GB
Audio Interface: Rme-Fireface 800
 
User avatar
Atlas007
Posts: 10196
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:58 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: One or multiple audio files changed in length

Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:50 pm

cocoroman wrote:
O.K, I'm telling this again, there is even, NO Undo Historie in history.. Btw, while the Guitar track is not usable anymore. Also the main Singers track is not in it's place, so I have to do whole those tracks again. Which will cost me whole night btw. Thanks Logic, you did it again.
Your (singer and guitar) audio recordings should still be there in your project audio browser. It should be just a matter of lining them up back in place in the tracks area...

Make sure you don't put anything before 1 1 1 1 in your project.
LogicPro 10.6.3, MainStage3.5.3
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.12.6
MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.15.7
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, MCU Pro, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII
AAS, NI, Celemony, Spectrasonics, Korg, Arturia, etc...
PC, iPadPro 5th gen 12.9”(Duet D., V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL), Several vintage gear
 
cocoroman
Topic Author
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: One or multiple audio files changed in length

Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:07 pm

Thanks again Atlas007, well, my singer has sent me the audio files on "WeTransfer" so which I have copied to in the working Logic same file. All was working well. Now, if I put the Guitar or Singer Vox. It will cut them as I have never did it before. Even there are some parts are missing. Believe me I did tried every possibilities, so means: I'll have to go for whole night and place them and cut them again.
I had a few surprises from Logic until now. But this is the big one. Anyway, the Score part is unusable and very complicated. I really think, I should change my system. It is not for a professional musicians I guess. You can never do an Audio reliable edit in LPX. I'm sure many people does, but some how it is very complicate and not for professionals. Sorry to say this. And btw, the Audio edit is very slow and old against the other Music Softs...
LPX 10.5.1
OS X 10.14.6
Mac Desktop,Mid 2010
Processor 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
STARTUP DISK: MOJAVE
Graphics AMD Radeon Sapphire RX 570 4GB
Audio Interface: Rme-Fireface 800
 
User avatar
Atlas007
Posts: 10196
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:58 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: One or multiple audio files changed in length

Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:22 pm

I understand your frustration.
Logic can indeed be quite finciky to work with.
And it does require from the user a specific workflow to yield satisfactory results.
However, once one knows the proper method to achieve the intended goals, and its inherent pitfalls, Logic reveals to be a very powerful tool.
Other softwares advantageously rival with Logic in some aspects.
However, I don't know any that don't have their own share of bugs and caveats.
Scoring isn't a Logic strength, if used as copyist approach, because it wasn't designed for same. It was designed to create a score from an actual recorded performance, which is totally different paradigm in terms of workflow.

Anyhow, I wish you the very best luck on your new system's quest.
LogicPro 10.6.3, MainStage3.5.3
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.12.6
MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.15.7
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, MCU Pro, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII
AAS, NI, Celemony, Spectrasonics, Korg, Arturia, etc...
PC, iPadPro 5th gen 12.9”(Duet D., V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL), Several vintage gear
 
User avatar
logicben
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:38 am

Re: One or multiple audio files changed in length

Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:31 pm

I feel sorry for you. I also got this message a few times over the last 20 years, not knowing exactly what it caused. But I am always scared for some reasons. It's a bad message..., undo is not possible because (I'm guessing) the audio file itself is corrupted - from logic or not. And then, Logic doesn't tell which file(s) is/are affected. It only counts the affected regions, which isn't very helpful, if a lot of audio files (so a vast number of regions) are corrupted. All the best.
Logic 10.5.1 - Mac OS 10.14.6 • MBP 13", Mid 2012 - 2.9 GHz i7 - 16GB RAM • Mini late 2012 - quad 2.3 Ghz i7- 16GB RAM
 
User avatar
Atlas007
Posts: 10196
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:58 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: One or multiple audio files changed in length

Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:53 pm

When audio files are moving from places to places the way you describe, it could be due to some anchor confusion (or absence of same). To prevent same, it is advisable to import the foreign audio files in the audio project browser first, and then from the project browser to the tracks. Another important concept to keep in mind is that the audio files are having a life of their own out of Logic. Meaning that if you mess around with an audio files outside Logic, while the same file is part of a project, one risk to affect its embedded metadata, and consequently will affect the way Logic. interprete same...
Thus, for the above reasons, when working on a sensitive project, it is recommended to use a copy of the audio file(s) in Logic. Which copy should remain reserved for use within Logic only.
LogicPro 10.6.3, MainStage3.5.3
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.12.6
MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.15.7
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, MCU Pro, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII
AAS, NI, Celemony, Spectrasonics, Korg, Arturia, etc...
PC, iPadPro 5th gen 12.9”(Duet D., V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL), Several vintage gear
 
cocoroman
Topic Author
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: One or multiple audio files changed in length

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:13 pm

logicben wrote:
I feel sorry for you. I also got this message a few times over the last 20 years, not knowing exactly what it caused. But I am always scared for some reasons. It's a bad message..., undo is not possible because (I'm guessing) the audio file itself is corrupted - from logic or not. And then, Logic doesn't tell which file(s) is/are affected. It only counts the affected regions, which isn't very helpful, if a lot of audio files (so a vast number of regions) are corrupted. All the best.

Hi Logicben, well this is the situation for the moment. As Ive said, I had a few bad problems before. But this one is real the bad one. Anyway, thanks a lot for your reply..
LPX 10.5.1
OS X 10.14.6
Mac Desktop,Mid 2010
Processor 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
STARTUP DISK: MOJAVE
Graphics AMD Radeon Sapphire RX 570 4GB
Audio Interface: Rme-Fireface 800
 
cocoroman
Topic Author
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: One or multiple audio files changed in length

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:22 pm

Atlas007 wrote:
When audio files are moving from places to places the way you describe, it could be due to some anchor confusion (or absence of same). To prevent same, it is advisable to import the foreign audio files in the audio project browser first, and then from the project browser to the tracks. Another important concept to keep in mind is that the audio files are having a life of their own out of Logic. Meaning that if you mess around with an audio files outside Logic, while the same file is part of a project, one risk to affect its embedded metadata, and consequently will affect the way Logic. interprete same...
Thus, for the above reasons, when working on a sensitive project, it is recommended to use a copy of the audio file(s) in Logic. Which copy should remain reserved for use within Logic only.

Yes, which I did copy same folder to another hard disk. First I have downloaded to the File folder that I have created. And after copied whole to the songs working folder. But still it was playing it crazy. Well, as you say, no Music Software is sure for that. maybe you'll remember, when I was scoring for the "Royal Philharmonic Orchestra" I tried with Logic's Score function. Believe me, it was so complicated. I remember, you said that I should contact Peter Schwartz for this. Obviously he was a big help. But we all finished with "Sibelius" even peter said, Logiic's Scoring is not usable. Thanks again for your input on this.
LPX 10.5.1
OS X 10.14.6
Mac Desktop,Mid 2010
Processor 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
STARTUP DISK: MOJAVE
Graphics AMD Radeon Sapphire RX 570 4GB
Audio Interface: Rme-Fireface 800
 
User avatar
logicben
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:38 am

Re: One or multiple audio files changed in length  Topic is solved

Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:12 am

[WORKAROUND]

I stumbled upon an interesting article. The author is not only analysing the issue "One or more audio files changed in length", he also developed a piece of software, which may repair corrupted files.
http://www.davehofmann.de/when-logic-de ... dio-files/
Logic 10.5.1 - Mac OS 10.14.6 • MBP 13", Mid 2012 - 2.9 GHz i7 - 16GB RAM • Mini late 2012 - quad 2.3 Ghz i7- 16GB RAM
 
User avatar
fuzzfilth
Posts: 5122
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:31 am
Location: Germany

Re: One or multiple audio files changed in length

Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:06 am

logicben wrote:
I stumbled upon an interesting article. The author is not only analysing the issue "One or more audio files changed in length", he also developed a piece of software, which may repair corrupted files.
http://www.davehofmann.de/when-logic-de ... dio-files/

Woah. That's really helpful. David, can you please pin this in Bugs & Workarounds ? Thanks.
Christian Obermaier
Contact me for private Logic Consulting, Training, Troubleshooting via Skype, Zoom or Teamviewer

1 x MacPro 6core 2010 24Gb RAM
2 x MacBookPro i7 2012 16Gb RAM
OSX.14.6. Mojave, Logic X.5.1
 
User avatar
David Nahmani
Site Admin
Posts: 86467
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:16 am
Contact:

Re: One or multiple audio files changed in length

Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:22 am

fuzzfilth wrote:
logicben wrote:
I stumbled upon an interesting article. The author is not only analysing the issue "One or more audio files changed in length", he also developed a piece of software, which may repair corrupted files.
http://www.davehofmann.de/when-logic-de ... dio-files/

Woah. That's really helpful. David, can you please pin this in Bugs & Workarounds ? Thanks.

Definitely.
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM
 
User avatar
Atlas007
Posts: 10196
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:58 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: One or multiple audio files changed in length

Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:12 pm

Big thanx for sharing this!
LogicPro 10.6.3, MainStage3.5.3
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.12.6
MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.15.7
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, MCU Pro, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII
AAS, NI, Celemony, Spectrasonics, Korg, Arturia, etc...
PC, iPadPro 5th gen 12.9”(Duet D., V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL), Several vintage gear
 
User avatar
Atlas007
Posts: 10196
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:58 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: One or multiple audio files changed in length

Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:14 pm

That issue should be a high priority fix...
LogicPro 10.6.3, MainStage3.5.3
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.12.6
MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.15.7
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, MCU Pro, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII
AAS, NI, Celemony, Spectrasonics, Korg, Arturia, etc...
PC, iPadPro 5th gen 12.9”(Duet D., V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL), Several vintage gear
 
User avatar
Kiriel
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:56 am

Re: One or multiple audio files changed in length

Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:09 pm

"That issue should be a high priority fix..." he said, 2 years ago.
Has this been fixed? Because I just got the dreaded dialogue box. Had it on several occasions before and it's never good, although sometimes it's significantly more bad.
Logic Pro X 10.6.2
macOS Big Sur 11.4
Hackintosh
3.7 GHz Intel Core i9 (10 Core)
32GB
Antelope Zen Tour Synergy Core
 
cocoroman
Topic Author
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:55 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: One or multiple audio files changed in length

Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:02 pm

I don't think Apple made something about this Fix? Or I didn't follow. But now, I have whole project saved in one Place. Now, every song shows 0 byte. Normally each song would show, some hundred MB's, obviously they are all gone?? And that was 4 years ago. But I saved it. After moved to another backup disk, now all project is showing 0 byte.
Cheers everybody 8-)
LPX 10.5.1
OS X 10.14.6
Mac Desktop,Mid 2010
Processor 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
STARTUP DISK: MOJAVE
Graphics AMD Radeon Sapphire RX 570 4GB
Audio Interface: Rme-Fireface 800