Imported Audio Speeding Up in MacOS Catalina

lamp64shade

Hey everyone! I'm working on an audiobook and there is a music track needed under the narration. Every time I try to import it, it is at a WAY faster speed.

I have tried importing by dragging the audio in and through clicking "import" for audio. Both times this issue happens.

I just updated my computer (mac) because I saw someone say they had the same issue until they did a system update. Problem is still here.

I've checked the sample rate and they are both the same (48).

I checked to make sure Smart Tempo is turned off for imports and it is turned off in System preferences.

Is there another reason why it might be doing this? I've used this audio in two different files (chapters) and didn't have an issue. I haven't changed anything and now the problem won't go away.

I do know that on Mojave dragging an MP3/4 directly into the file browser will also result in a bad conversion as well. But you are fine if you drag it directly into the timeline area.

Then there is the speed issue that has always been there in the Loops Broswer, even after they rebuilt it. - on-looping samples playback at the wrong rate when running higher sample rate projects. This effectively makes the loop browser useless for post-production and other tasks.

It would be nice if Apple can get on top of these issues.

• 5 months later...
I have a feeling it’s related to the Smart Tempo/Flex & Follow feature. I’ve had success dragging mp3/4s to the timeline, but not the file browser. I do, however, have Flex and Follow turned off by default on Imports. I tend to activate those manually so I can be sure the playback speed don’t get screwed up with those either.