Video frame rate sync issue

dreamtree2013

Having a problem with video on a MacBook Pro 15" Touch Bar 2018, Mac OS 10.14.6, Logic Pro 10.4.8.

Process: File-Movie-Open Movie

These are QT movies with embedded audio from post production houses. When opening I'm prompted to extract video and audio. Then prompted to use the frame rate of the QT file. I click to use that frame rate. The movie opens and audio files with individual tracks are created. When playing the movie the video stutters. Audio is fine. Going to: File-Project Settings-Synchronization, brings up the option to select frame rate. The second that the Synchronization window opens the movie magically syncs and there is no video stutter. If I stop the movie and restart playback or go forwards/backwards the stutter begins again. If I re-select the frame rate(which hasn't changed) from the Synchronization window the stutter will stop.

All QT movies opened in Logic Pro have this issue. The same movies play just fine in QT and Pro Player.

All of this being said I have a MacPro aluminum tower Mid 2009, El Captian, Logic Pro 10.3 and this issue does not exist. Never one issue on that system. Logic Pro has become useless for post production on 10.4.8.

• 3 weeks later...