why does my mixer window keep scrolling to the right?

SoSpiro

It's hard to tell, can you notice a pattern, a specific set of conditions when this is happening?

I’ll have to wait for it to happen again, but I believe it usually scrolls all the way to the end where the stereo out is. I’ve also been having problems with my mouse but can’t tell it it’s that or logic itself.

Are you Shift-clicking on the Output slot of the channel strip perhaps? Because that's what it does: if you shift-click an audio destination on a channel strip in the Mixer, it will scroll and flash the channel strip receiving that destination.

nope. I am clicking on the outer perimeter of the channel strip though. I’m aware of the function you’re talking about though. The difference is there is no flashing around the channel strip like there is when you shift click the channel strip output. I was also command + clicking.

If you try and select things using the same method in Mac Finder, does it do the same thing?

It sounds like mouse issues. Do you have another mouse to test out? Doesn’t have to be a Mac mouse.

doesn't happen in mac finder. the problem replicates with my trackpad AND my mouse.

Ah well then that wasn't it. Are you using any 3rd party utility for your input device?

nope.

so i've replicated the problem and i've noticed that as i'm command+clicking on the channels to add to a folder, if i scroll too far away in the mixer to the point where the first selected channel isn't visible on the screen and command+click on anything else, it automatically scrolls back to that first channel. kinda like it is telling me i've strayed too far away from the original selected track??

Interesting. I was experimenting with this to try to reproduce the problem and at some point I saw the scrolling happen. Then I tried to reproduce and couldn't. Then I figured it out. When you're looking at the right part of your Mixer, the (hidden) scrollbar at the bottom of the Mixer is on the right. If you happen to scroll then quickly click on a channel strip's name to the left of where the scrollbar is, then your Mixer will scroll to the left.

To determine wether that's what you're experiencing to, which is my best guess, don't click or command-click the names of the channel strips. Instead, try clicking or command-clicking their icon, at the top of the pan knobs. See if you can reproduce the issue. My guess is, you won't! :D

Interesting. I was experimenting with this to try to reproduce the problem and at some point I saw the scrolling happen. Then I tried to reproduce and couldn't. Then I figured it out. When you're looking at the right part of your Mixer, the (hidden) scrollbar at the bottom of the Mixer is on the right. If you happen to scroll then quickly click on a channel strip's name to the left of where the scrollbar is, then your Mixer will scroll to the left.

To determine wether that's what you're experiencing to, which is my best guess, don't click or command-click the names of the channel strips. Instead, try clicking or command-clicking their icon, at the top of the pan knobs. See if you can reproduce the issue. My guess is, you won't! :D

nope! i made a video of it.