Logic adds empty bars to MIDI

makShot

Hi there,

When I create a midi file in Logic and export it as MIDI, Logic adds empty bars to the end of the track. I noticed that when I opened the exported midi in Sibelius:

513679400_ScreenShot2020-05-20at11_14_47.thumb.png.679b7e4f5560a8b74290932386004e57.png

The problem is that when I open the midi in Logic again, I don't see any empty bars. But when I add it to an app which loops midi, there are these silent moments.

On the other hand, if I create drum tabs in Sibelius, export the tabs as midi, then open the midi in Logic and export the midi as MIDI, I don't have any empty bars.

I assume this happens because of some MIDI settings in Logic. Does anyone know how to fix this?

• 1 month later...
Any update on this yet? I am working on a project where the midi files all need to be to length and currently every midi is exporting with an extra 15+ seconds added when pulled into other systems. Even old files that exported correctly 6 months ago now export incorrectly from the same project.