Tracks have audio but are silent (not muted)

LoveNest

I need to understand why parts of my tracks are suddenly not producing sound: during playback and monitoring while recording, they become suddenly silent despite the audio showing visually. I've included a screenshot- the issue occurs directly to the right of the playhead, on the "high doo" and "mid doo" tracks- notice they are lighter in color but not grayed out (muted) entirely. Please teach me how to fix this, and control it when it happens in the future. Thanks in advance- wasn't sure how to search this.

878168375_ScreenShot2020-10-22at9_12_06AM.thumb.png.3801e3ca68a01d6351814f9f145e4fa7.png

Hi Eriksimon- thanks for this idea. When I make copies instead of looping, they sound the way I need them to. This is a decent workaround.

(I will say that at first when I created the loops, they made sound during playback, and then suddenly stopped making sound.)

...and they should produce sound like that. So that is weird. What happens if you just use copies instead of the looped regions?

Hi David- thanks for taking the time to respond. I understand that they are not muted (that's a different setting). However, the looped regions do not make sound when played back.

Can you save a copy of your project, then in the copy, remove all tracks but one that shows the issue, then save that to a new location on your drive under a different name, as a project including the single audio file necessary, then attach that project here? How to attach files to your post

• 1 month later...

Hi forum,

Just wanted to add a +1 here: I've been experiencing the same issue.

It's been happening in multiple projects, but with most of these I've replaced the loops with copies of the regions (obviously not ideal).

However, I'm attaching the most recent project file where the issue has come up.

(I've deleted all data except the track with the audio looping error).

Thanks!

audio looping error - example a.zip

Ah, well spotted JakobP! Many thanks for working that one out.

It's possible this happens when I use the marquee tool to split longer looped sections into smaller groupings, and the original audio region isn't a perfect number of bars. Occasionally, depending on the tempo and settings, regions end up being just a sample short of a bar.

Agreed it still doesn't explain the behaviour, but at least (hopefully) resolves it! Thanks again

• 6 months later...