Audio waveforms redrawn every time I open Logic project

angelonyc

Just these last 3 days. Logic is not saving the waveform view of audio.. On first opening a project, it takes quite a while to redraw all audio waveform views (15 minutes - 80 + waveforms).. The sample delay is set to '0'. The waveforms show up in audio waveform display at bottom, but not in the main window. Seems once I examine a waveform in audio waveform window at bottom of main window. all main window waveforms display correctly.

I am on Logic 10.5.1. This just started. Each morning when i first open a project, it has to redo all waveforms.. It has happened before. but usually after re-drawing, the waveform display works fine when re-opening project next day (Logic save, quit, power down) .. It also appears that Logic gets stuck redrawing the waveform.. cause the progress display under the transport window stops moving for up to 20 minutes.

This project is huge, 15 minutes long, 300 + tracks.. about 80 audio track.. Every time I make a change, I do a 'save as'. with a number at end which increases. Now at 549. Last week, for 2 days, I got Logic crashing with a message, 'deep architecture - unpack some folders'.. There are NO folders in the project. When I get to a project this size, it is not uncommon for the project to become corrupt. I open a new empty template an 'import project'. I usually do not import 'automation', cause that often seems to the issue with how project gets corrupt.

I guess I will have to import into new project again.. redrawing automation generally takes quite a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar issue last week. A Logic project (with way too many tracks packed in too many folders) suddenly started to create waveform overviews each time the project was opened. I ignored it for some days, and eventually the horror message "One or more audio files changed in length" appeared.

Next time logic creates overviews on each start-up, I definitely clean up the project and copy the files, because something bad could happen.

I was lucky in the end, I didn't find the corrupted files. I don't know what caused the issue. It was a messy project where at least 4 people worked on 4 systems and 4 hard drives. My drives are properly formatted, and I don't use cloud sync, but the others?

• 2 weeks later...
Happening with Big Sur and Logic 10.6. But not all the time. once in a while, I open a project that opened correctly yesterday. Since there are 60 audio tracks, and song is 15 minutes long.. this takes a while.. Then It might work fine the rest of the time.. Just got Logic 10.6 about 6 days ago.