Using Option Drag is not creating a new region

Neil Gilmartin

Hi everyone.

I'm following David Nahmani's Lesson 1 in the 10.4 book (great book) but am finding that using Option + Drag to move a looped region so that only the audio file but not the loop is moved (see image from book) isn't creating a new region but just moving the existing one back. This means that when I de-select 'Loop', the entire loop on the track is gone, not just on the newly created region. I've done this lesson once before, but that was before updating to Logic 10.6, and I don't remember this happening. Have I done something wrong or is this a feature of 10.6? (By the way, I know for a fact that I haven't copied the region accidentally. I release the mouse before releasing the option key).

Thanks for any insights.

1816746586_Lesson1screenshot.thumb.png.bac45d13ab1f032444e80f68ebb27208.png

You checked it yourself and had the same result? I feel weirdly honored :-)

Yes, I did and I immediately forwarded it to the Apple team, it's a new bug.

By the way, I bought your 10.5 book. Really looking forward to starting it soon. When I have a moment, I'll get round to writing a glowing review of 10.4 on Amazon. Much deserved.

Thanks a lot! I appreciate the kind words. Always feels good to know you hard work is actually making a difference for other people learning the software. :)