midi monitor KBD in environment not Working?

angelonyc

Can someone check and see if their 'keyboard' module in the MIDI Environment page works.. I was having a problem with my Yamaha GENOS keyboard.

I got it working but noticed that even though the 'Physical inport' (Box that sums all your MIDI OUTPUT devices) is wired to go through the 'Keyboard' module (where you see the minature keyboard display plated notes) then another monitor (which shows midi in text form_ then to sequencer input..

The 'keyboard' module in MIDI Environment does not work, it does not display notes, but DOES pass them thru to the text monitor and then sequencer..

I hear the notes being played, see them in the text monitor, but not the 'keyboard' monitor..

This used to work last time I checked.. Just wondering if Logic 10.6 stopped it (but then why bother to keep it in MIDI Environment?

Thanks.. Although this is not strickly essential, since you have a 2nd monitor (text box).. It certainly is helpful, in trying to track down a MIDI problem

I had up dated to 11.0.1 and Logic 10.6. Everything worked fine for two weeks or so.. I tried to use audio hijack pro, cause I needed an example of a certain drum pattern to copy. Audio Hijack had to be updated. Did that tried to install. Then Logic gave me notice that my audio core (RME fireface800) was missing, Sure enough it was gone from Logic, but still playing system sounds. Audio Hijack hadn't received notice of any issues, but deleted anyway for now.

RME mentions various weird issues with older interfaces, but gave a firmware, and software update. Computer is now somewhat corrupt.. Has to boot up 3 times in a row.. First 2 times it crashes, by the 3rd boot upit works..

Logic appears to be fine (one or two AU's not updated, so they just won't load) and the monitor thing. I guess another call to Apple.. and/or re-install OSX again.

Thanks for the idea.. I forgot you could extend the keyboard monitor in Logic Environment to 88..