Crash - Drum Machine Designer

lol.dayy

Hello community!

I have a little problem: when I drag & drop a file from Splice on the Drum Machine Designer (DMD) of Logic Pro 10.6.1, the software crashes. It quits and then suggests me to send an error report to Apple (classic).

The trick is: I'm using a patched mid-2010 iMac. That means that the OS installed on the iMac is normally not supported by the machine. In this case on the iMac, I installed the latest version of Catalina (10.15.7) ... I know that this is not recommended. However, with High Sierra (which is the last OS you can install on an iMac mid-2010), it's impossible to install the latest version of Logic Pro (you have to make choices in life).

After some research on the internet, I understand that the problem might come from Apple's "Metal". Basically, if Logic Pro crashes when I drag & drop an audio file in the DMD, it's because the iMac's graphics card wouldn't support Metal. For the record, my graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 5750 1 GB.

I'm asking for your help to find out if some of you have encountered this problem? And more importantly, if you had found a way to fix the problem; while staying on a patched version of Catalina with a mid-2010 iMac (or other similar and compatible configuration)?

Would the solution lie in downgrading the OS to Mojave? Or installing "Metal" by any means (hardware, software, etc.)?

I'm at your disposal for any further information,

Kind Regards,

Lol Dayy