With 'multi-link' mode on in plug-in windows, I can successfully click between tracks, and the plug-in windows will switch based on the selected track based on their corresponding insert slot number. However - if I delete a track, one of the plug-in windows will disappear (as if unloaded) and the remaining windows will change to reflect different slots.
To recreate this behavior:
1. Create a series of tracks.
2. Load audio Fx insert plug-ins on the tracks.
3. Select one track and open its plugins.
4. Activate 'multi-link' mode (the 'yellow' link option in the top right of the window). Switch between tracks to make sure your plugins are in fact linked and changing based on the selected track.
5. Now, delete one track. Does a plug-in window disappear when you do this?
As far as I know, there is no way to bring back the orientation beyond closing all plug-in windows, and manually re-opening them one by one.
Is anyone aware of a solution to this? Are you experiencing this behavior as well?