Logic with Motif XS

Rodizell

I sequenced a track in my motif XS now I’m trying to bring the sequence track over to logic Pro X.

I have a Connected USB from Motif to Mac for Midi and I have two TRS cables from the motif to my audio interface.

I have the settings correct based off of previous recommendation enabling a external instrument with the midi destination being my motif XS port one midi channel 1 for the first Track then I switch to midi channel 2 for the next track but then I start hearing the first track doubling in the second track even if I mute all other tracks in logic Pro X like the first track is bleeding into the second track which makes no sense. Please help

I’m wondering if I should purchasing a 5 pin midi cable and connect it directly to my audio interface versus using the usb to Mac option. Maybe this is causing issues in itself. Where if I’m connecting both midi and audio into the interface from the Motif, the interface would have better control and the Mac would only be the master requesting the info from the Interface.

What do u think about this?