Bus is shown "Selection based Processing A"

CaBuffalo

Hi, there,

Can I ask you a question here? I just can't figure it out.

For some reason, my kick bus is shown "selection based processong A". With this setting, all of the kick audio track which are assigned to this bus can't be soloed. For example, I have 3 tracks assgined output to this bus. They are Kick in, Kick Out, Kick Sample. I can't sold either one of these tracks. They are all playing regardless. Even when I sold other channels, these 3 tracks continuously play, only the bus is soloed.

I have the screenshot here. Please help me out. Thanks.

1313388447_Sbpbusissue.jpg.4c0a843b7355999d1b1a8481cbf9da3b.jpg

Hi, David, thanks for your quick reply. It's BUS 1 which 5 tracks are assigned to it. Is this what you mean?

Yes that's what I meant. Well I can't remember unfortunately except someone else mentioned a bug like that and I was able to reproduce it sometimes, albeit couldn't find a specific pattern for it. Are you on Logic 10.6.1?

• 2 months later...

CaBuffalo,

I'm not sure what the cause may be, but there is somewhat of a workaround / solution to resolve this bug, at least temporarily.

This has just happened to my editing session and the selection based processing has auto-taken over my bus 1 send, and i only realized it when i went to create my first bus group and saw bus 1 labelled "selection based processing A". Somehow the selection based processing A channel has created bus 1 as it's input source, and is a solo safe channel, hence you having trouble with your soloing issues. To get rid of this, open up your midi environment window (Command 8) and find the 2 channels that have been created (Selection based processing A & Selection based processing B) and delete those channels, OR re-address their input source to something other than bus 1 (for A). I just deleted those 2 extra channels because i wasn't using any buses to begin with, and selection based processing shouldn't hold a bus input anyway is it is a temporary audio suite - like momentary audio editing tool, but i can see it being a little more complicated if i've had a session built up already with specific bussing and routing going on, and i would want to make sure that my bus 1 channel is still the right one as far as the inserts i had allocated to it... at that point i would just select no input on the selection based processing channels within the MIDI Environment window.

Hope that helps!

• 3 months later...
CaBuffalo,

I'm not sure what the cause may be, but there is somewhat of a workaround / solution to resolve this bug, at least temporarily.

This has just happened to my editing session and the selection based processing has auto-taken over my bus 1 send, and i only realized it when i went to create my first bus group and saw bus 1 labelled "selection based processing A". Somehow the selection based processing A channel has created bus 1 as it's input source, and is a solo safe channel, hence you having trouble with your soloing issues. To get rid of this, open up your midi environment window (Command 8) and find the 2 channels that have been created (Selection based processing A & Selection based processing B) and delete those channels, OR re-address their input source to something other than bus 1 (for A). I just deleted those 2 extra channels because i wasn't using any buses to begin with, and selection based processing shouldn't hold a bus input anyway is it is a temporary audio suite - like momentary audio editing tool, but i can see it being a little more complicated if i've had a session built up already with specific bussing and routing going on, and i would want to make sure that my bus 1 channel is still the right one as far as the inserts i had allocated to it... at that point i would just select no input on the selection based processing channels within the MIDI Environment window.

Hope that helps!

Great, thanks a lot for providing your workaround for this bug!! I am moving this thread to the Bugs and Workaround forum. :)

• 6 months later...