Undoing auto created tracks corrupts project

JakobP
Message added by David Nahmani,

To reproduce this bug :

• Undo Export active Comp to New Track (audio take folder option, bug still present)
  • Undo Open Movie when extracting the audio track (bug still present)
  • Undo Unpack to New Tracks (audio take folder, fixed in 10.7.x )
  • Undo overlapping audio recording using Create New Track option (fixed in 10.7.x)

Simple to recreate from a new empty factory template:

1 Create an audio track, set a short cycle and record at least 1 full pass, creating a take folder

2 Unpack to new tracks

3 Undo (I did cmd+z)

4 create new empty software instrument track

Take a look in the mixer, "All" view...

1800550348_UndoBug.thumb.gif.3bbe36e46faddbf3ee9be69236472272.gif

• Like 2

Adding a production kit first and then following previous steps gives this mixer here;

Click channel changed to an fx aux, drum stacks main track (and kick in subtrack) is now input channels (!), master fader turned into a bus channel strip, etc...

Mayham.thumb.png.c1fe9790acbbc5ee0a93f10d339e8959.png

Tested now from a blank template from pre 10.5.1, when Click and "Prelisten" was on audio256 and instrument256 respectively, works fine there...

EDIT Tested the old template some more and it got screwed up too, click worked though :D

Edited by JakobP

Thanks for confirming, David and Christian :) Stumbled over this just when playing around, and I don't normally use the unpack to new tracks, but it's scary to think that there might be other unknown conditions where this could occur... Not sure if I'll start using templates created pre 10.5 now...

EDIT pre 10.5 templates also problematic, I'll just have to save more frequently, and check if I have click now and then...

Edited by JakobP

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It seems this bug doesn't appear only with take folders, it also happens when using the option "Create Track" in "Overlapping Track Recordings"...

EDIT I guess it's still not fixed in 10.7 ?

EDIT2 Undoing Open Movie (and extract the audio track) also causes this bug to appear, It's also not needed to create a software inst track, adding a Channel Eq (or any plugin or track) will create the havoc...

1413231983_UndoRecording.thumb.gif.22752996febe8d2a26a7f59f0743c115.gif

1265759953_UndoOpenMovie.thumb.gif.f4fd211e7da5c1c7b7637af14d98e721.gif

• 1 month later...
  • David Nahmani changed the title to Undoing auto created tracks corrupts project
  • 1 month later...

Yet another way to recreate the bug found here: https://www.logicprohelp.com/forums/topic/127580-logic-absolutely-messed-up-bus-assignments-after-opening-a-project/?do=findComment&comment=839213

So a summary, these are the known ways to recreate the bug so far.

Undo "Export active Comp to New Track" (audio take folder option, bug still present)

Undo "Open Movie" when extracting the audio track (bug still present)

Undo "Unpack to New Tracks" (audio take folder, fixed in 10.7.x )

Undo overlapping audio recording using "Create New Track" option (fixed in 10.7.x)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...