Skidding events in list

Jope

Unfortunately I cannot tell when exactly it happens... But this is what happens: I normally use the Piano Roll and the Event List together. I use the Piano Roll for selecting notes (quite often chords) and then treat these in the Event List (most often I adjust the position, or sometimes I tweak somethin else). For some time past (but I don't know exactly since when) I sometimes lose the event I was click-holding in the Event List when shifting a value - the focus jumps just to a different event and the action runs out of the rudder. First I thought I might have failed to use the trackpad correctly (which I am quite capable of doing though), but the same thing happens when I connect a trackball. Did anyone experience the same?

You're not alone. I thought it was me, too. Like you, as to why or when, I have no idea. I'm using a mouse. I click-hold one Event List item, and suddenly it seems to select another -- usually below, not above the item I'm attempting to adjust. It skims like a stone on a pond. Thankfully, it doesn't happen often, about once or twice a session..

Yes! this is what I meant. Glad you succeded in catching it in this GIF. Watch the little blue arrows above and under the mouse pointer: They stay there all the time although the selection of the line (and the place where the value is changed) jumps.