Environment Graphical glitch?

This happens from a Logic 8 song resaved, loaded and working in Logic 10.6.1; a 10.6.1 template; a new 10.6.1 untitled song with one Inst track - and the same behaviour occurs in all 3.

I can't think of anything useful from a large blank grey area. Clicking on the triangle beside the "setting" button on the left of an (empty) Inst channel strip in the main window, causes a section of grey about 4 1/2" wide to appear in an Environment mixer window.

Subsequent clicks toggles the grey area to appear and go away and everything is moved to the right when it appears. If the environment window is about less than 1/2 a screen width (initially or resized) the size of the grey area is about 2 1/2 inches

It happens whether the Layer panel is visible or hidden (key command i) Its reproduceable after closing the environment mixer and opening it again. As long as the above procedure takes place it persists until the Environment window is closed.

I dont have google accounts but I managed to get a workable gif.

- In the gif there's enough of the Environment window visible to see what happens when you click/toggle the triangle to the left of the channelstrip in the Main Window.

- In quicktime each circle represents a click. The first is to "activate" the Main Window, the other two clicks are showing the show/hide behaviour of the grey blank.

Environment.gif.b723b59c190c5c5c30909221bd076c92.gif

Strange indeed. Actually, this bug happens here on 10.5.1 too, I just have never noticed it, probably because using the Instrument library and a regular Environment window does not happen simultaneously in my little world. Notice it does not happen with a frameless floating Environment window.

When the Library is closed, clicking a triangle in front of any slot is a toggle (open or close) for the gray area in the MIDI environment here: settings, instrument MIDI FX or Audio FX plug-ins.

Hi David, I tested on an empty Inst channelstrip. I usually use the Library icon to deal with the library. So I had a duh moment realizing of course the instrument slot triangle wont close anything when there's nothing loaded to start with.

Clarification and correction needed:

If the environment window is about less than 1/2 a screen width (initially or resized) the size of the grey area is about 2 1/2 inches

It should be:

- No matter what width the Environment window opens to initially, it will always first show with a wider (4 1/2") grey blank to the left (after clicking the triangle).

- If the Environment window is resized to anything less than half a screen width, the grey blank appears as 2 1/2". Once it appears at that size, it wont go back to the wider size until a new Environment window is opened.

- Resizing the window as described, affects its width whether you've toggled the grey blank into view or not.

- 100% reproducable between computer shut downs.