com.apple.logic.pro.cs randomly become corrupted causing all MIDI Assigments to be ignored

snattack

Version: Logic 10.6.1

When assigning shortcuts – usually triggered by keyboard commands – to trigger via MIDI CC instead, it will store this information in the com.apple.logic.pro.cs settings file.

There's a bug that now – for the second time – has caused this file to become corrupt. The result is that any stored midi commands will be listed as usual in the Midi Assignment-field, but it will be ignored by Logic. It simply won't respond.

When activating "Learn new assignment" and sending the exact same command from the exact same device, it will add a second command to the list with the exact same settings. Then it will work. I have hundreds of these commands in a controller surface, which would manually require re-assignment everytime this happens which is hours of work trying to figure out which transform preset belongs to which button, etc.

The only workaround I've found so far is to keep a backup copy of the com.apple.logic.pro.cs-file. Overwriting the corrupt one with an old version will again restore the functions properly.

This has been reproduced on two different computers, so it's clearly not system specific. I have no idea what cause this, I haven't had any unusual behaviours except this. It can simply just stop working after closing the program and re-opening it again. I've attached the latest corrupted file here in case anyone want to take a look at why this happens, but it doesn't appear to be human readable, so not sure if anyone here knows what to do with this.

In any case, I urge everyone to keep a backup copy of this file since it's unfixable ones it has happened.

Best,

Andreas

com.apple.logic.pro.cs.CORRUPT.cs