BUG: Logic Pro sometimes does not autobank/respond to a Mackie MCU device

snattack

This is a quite easy bug to workaround, but reporting it anyway. It doesn't show up very often.

I use a motorized single fader to control volume of tracks/channel strips. Several times, I've found myself trying to adjust volume without anything happening.

Workaround: Select a track with the mouse. This resets the MCU and everything should be fine (until it happens again).

System: Macbook Pro 16", 64GB RAM, macOS Catalina 10.15.7.

MCU: Presonus Faderport Classic Solo

Software Version: Logic Pro 10.6.2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks for suggestion. Could you offer an overall opinion on the Presonus Faderport? I am thinking of getting one as the x-touch single seems much larger and I'm trying to be mobile.

It does the job, I've got two and they both work without issues. The autobank-issues are minor compared to what you get.

Unfortunately I have to sell mine now since I'm moving to Nuendo, which doesn't support autobanking.

EDIT: To consider if you're mobile is that the motor function requires PSU, it does not work with power over USB.

The classic Faderport is discontinued. The v2 Faderport and the X-Touch One are approximately the same size.

How the single fader controllers work with regard to "selected channel" or "selecting a channel" is highly dependent on the firmware of the controller.

A lot depends on what you want to work with on the control surface as far as buttons or dials.

I use an X-Touch (full MCU clone) in my studio. It works great with Logic. Not so great with Studio One.

For my portable world I got a PreSonus ioStation 24c which is a Faderport (1 fader) and an I/O interface. Works nicely with Logic, even better with Studio One. It requires power for the interface and motorized fader. I deal with it ;-)