Where to find a proven workflow using Melodyne 5 Studio with the latest Logic without losing your edits

McCole

Been reading a lot of old threads. What to hit before or after saving. Opening a track on LGX which is in track list in Lelia 5 already or not.

Worked on 6 tracks, had LGX auto save on, bounced in place flattened take folders…

So much ‘help’ here. All a bit different. Could someone just come up with bullet points and order what to do if I wanna fix together several tracks in Melon 5 as a plug-in.

- Catalina MacBook Pro 2019. All software up-to date. Using ARA.

THANK YOU!

After reading about potential ARA issues, I've elected to use Melodyne 5 Studio in standalone mode. (I have a low tolerance for issues that can result in work loss. ;-))

I've found that the standalone app is fantastic not only for various vocal editing, but also for editing a group of vocal tracks together so they are precisely in sync (start and fade), with proper sibilant balance, etc.

So in case you (or some other reader) is interested in the standalone route, attached is my own pdf 'cookbook' for doing so. It involves some prep steps, but so far I've found it bullet-proof in avoiding work loss. (Thanks to @MikeShapiro and others on this board that pointed to this technique.)

Standalone Melodyne Cookbook.pdf