"Humanize" MIDI function works incorrectly [FIXED]

_Arve_

LP 10.7.1

MacOS 12.0.1

Hey, guys!

When I am trynna change "position" value by the mouse in the Humanize midi function of the pianoroll, it doesn't work anymore. I have attached the video below.

the only way to do this is using buttons or typing values on the keyboard, but it affects the large values, while I need to change the small ones (last 2 digits). Other options like a "length" or "velocity" works correctly, only "position" is broken. It was starting since Big Sure, but I am not sure about Logic version, may be earlier 10.7, I don't know. I was checking another project, all is the same.

If guys don't know how to fix it, can you please check it, if you use Monterey and LP 10.7?

Half Speed, Double Speed also blind in values. I'd gladly pay for updates if they would stop breaking things that have worked since 1991 in Notator-Logic. 10.7 is a dog with just one simple MIDI instrument up and no audio tracks.
it is always sad, when with the addition of new secondary functions, they break the old, fundamental tools. The apple has become more frequent with this, this applies not only to logic. I sent them a "humanize" bug report. If you'll duplicate my feedback by using David's link and add information about other tools to it, I think we will increase the chance that they will consider the problem and possibly solve it. Apparently, the error in the code is duplicated many times, and they need to go through each tool, perhaps this bug occurs not only in the cases we identified, but also in other tools too.

Avre:

I sent them two but I always feel like I'm talking to myself when posting to Apple. Like the rest of the world, anything other than four-word text doesn't get read. I don't even look forward to working in Logic anymore. Pro Tools HDX 21.7.0 works flawless especially with VEP. I've hesitated upgrading a 2013 Trash Can that's still 10.12.6 Sierra and glad I didn't. It is leaps and bounds faster than Logic 10.7 Big Sur on the second 6,1.

Still suffering this bug here. Moving this to the Bug section.

Thanks for staying with this.

Aside from the above bugs:

• Slow Performance. The sluggishness of selecting-tracks in the Arrange (Main) Window and/or other editing-operations.

**I've found this to be linked the "Staff Style Window" being open. Closing the window and normal performance returns. 10.4 didn't seem to complain about this.

–––––––––––––––

• Environment Window – Templates and Usage. A song using a previous Vienna Ensemble Pro (VEP) Environment Window template out to a VEP slave, the first note of a sequence would require at least a 1/4 note pre-roll or it was missed. In cycle-mode, it would randomly play notes of the sequence and only about half of them. These VEP templates from their site used the multi-port scheme: Multi-instrument >Transformer> Summing objects. Their settings done in their own Transform Windows.

• I should also note that I began getting MIDI-loops and core MIDI problems which I had not in 10.4 with the VEP setup.

**I started with a clean 10.7.1 song and just used the multi-Instrument MIDI object cabled to a Instrument (no transformer, summing) with VEP inserted. No problems in use – over a day working with that. Only issue, complete templates with VEP may need to be replaced.

––––––––––––––––

• Incorrect Bar Selection. Cycle length in the score-editor is incorrect – seems to continue to count in 4|4 despite being in 3|4 . Example: 8 bars of 3/4 reads 6 bars. Main and Piano Roll reads correctly – 8 bars. SMPTE times and lengths are correct in all.

---------------------

• Wish list: Option for step-editor -or- step-sequencer in the edit-tab.

Aside from the above bugs:

I appreciate you reporting other bugs, however for organization's sake, let's not bundle discussions about all sorts of different bugs in the same thread. This thread is titled Humanize MIDI function works incorrectly, let's discuss only that topic here. For other each individual bug, start a new topic, aptly titled to describe the bug it discusses. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Avre:

I sent them two but I always feel like I'm talking to myself when posting to Apple. Like the rest of the world, anything other than four-word text doesn't get read. I don't even look forward to working in Logic anymore. Pro Tools HDX 21.7.0 works flawless especially with VEP. I've hesitated upgrading a 2013 Trash Can that's still 10.12.6 Sierra and glad I didn't. It is leaps and bounds faster than Logic 10.7 Big Sur on the second 6,1.

They heard us, now it's fixed with the latest update!)