Audio device problem (ZoomAudioDevice)

jobi93

I use Zoom for video calls and screen sharing and there's a virtual audio device named ZoomAudioDevice on my MacBook Air, which is used to share sound during sharing screen.

The problem is Logic Pro is repeatedly making it as default output device and of course, when ZoomAudioDevice is selected, and Zoom is not open, nothing comes out of the speakers.

I manually have to change it back to "MacBook Air Speakers" in settings, but after some 5 minutes it automatically CHANGES BACK to ZoomAudioDevice even if I don't use Zoom!

This is just ridiculous, is there any way to fix it? I don't want to delete my virtual ZoomAudioDevice because then I won't be able to share sound during meetings.

Logic Pro version 10.6.1

MacOS Monterey

Many times during app start-up, a window pops up saying exactly that: Last Selected interface is not available. And it changes back to ZoomAudioDevice.

Then I manually choose speakers back. And it lasts for some time.. and then it just reverts back to ZoomAudioDevice.

This is so frustrating. I don't know what to do.

Am I the only one? :dunno:

• 1 year later...

I know this is an older topic. I'm adding the solution in case someone else has the same issue. 

This behavior occurs when you have chosen to use an audio device and chose not to be shown the message again:

Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 12.58.24 AM.png

To resolve this issue, choose Logic Pro > Settings > General > Notification. Select that notification and reset it: 

Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 12.58.43 AM.png

• Like 1