Missing file in Sampler Instrument

maestrovt

Hello,

I am new to posting in this forum so apologies if this is the wrong place. If so, please direct me to the right place.

I am having trouble opening up some legacy EXS sampler instruments from the Vienna Symphonic Orchestral Cube library in the latest version of Logic 10.7.2.

What I find is that if I open up an older Logic project, in which I had selected EXS sampler instruments, they work fine.

If, however, I try to load another sampler instrument from the same collection, I get the error "Missing file in sampler instrument". If I select the Locate option, and browse to the folder where the sample file is located (it is in .wav format), I can see the .wav file, however, it is greyed out, and can't be selected.

If anyone has ideas of a workaround, I would appreciate it!

Best regards,

Edward

Thanks for answering. So in my case, the .exs file is a legacy instrument from the the Vienna Orchestral library. When I create a Sampler Software Instrument in Logic 10.7.2, I can find the .exs file fine. The .exs file then points to a bunch of .wav files which are the samples for the instrument. In Logic 10.7.2, Sampler complains that it can't find the .wav files. When I choose the option to Locate the .wav files, and navigate to the folder where they are, you can see the required .wav files, however, they are greyed out, and can't be selected. I hope that this makes sense.

• 11 months later...