Deleted Metronome Click track (Klopfgeist) — get it back? [SOLVED]

claesbjo

If you're familiar with the environment, here's how to do it. Go into the environment. Go to the mixer layer, then copy and paste one of your instrument channel strips (software instrument, not audio). Now, with the copied instrument channel strip selected, change the channel in the inspector to Inst 256. That should be it.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...
If you're familiar with the environment, here's how to do it. Go into the environment. Go to the mixer layer, then copy and paste one of your instrument channel strips (software instrument, not audio). Now, with the copied instrument channel strip selected, change the channel in the inspector to Inst 256. That should be it.

Hi I know this thread is 7 years old but according to the last comment this solution still worked only 3 years ago (2016). I am experiencing the same issue however I cannot change the channel to Inst 256 in the inspector, as it only shows existing channels (in my case it stops at Inst 33). Furthermore there is an additional, greyed out channel option - Inst 34 - and it says "Reserved" next to it. So in order to change to channel Inst 256, I would have to create 256 channels in order for the option to appear, which is impractical.

As it is 2019 however, it looks as though the system for allocating a Click channel may be different anyway. I checked a different project, and it looks like the greyed out "Reserved" Inst channel is in fact the channel used for the Click. Even if I am correct about this, I still cannot recreate my deleted Click channel, as the "Reserved" channel option is greyed out so I cannot allocate a new channel strip to it!

If anyone can help me I'd be eternally grateful, I would really like my click back!

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Hi, I still have the same problem as I did when I posted 5 months ago, and like studioj, relaunching the session brought back the metronome sound but not the actual click track, and besides it was only temporarily, the metronome can’t be heard anymore.

It looks like there still isn’t much of solution though, and relaunching the session a bunch of times in my case has produced fairly random results.

If you do think of anything though, I’d be very thankful.

While I'm not sure how to recreate the original Klopfgeist channel strip, what you can do is create a new software instrument track and insert Klopfgeist then in the MIDI Environment window choose New > MIDI Metronome Click. Now cable that MIDI Click object into the Klofgeist channel strip you just created.

Awesome, thank you so much, that worked perfectly!

I know the click track is kinda minor, but it’s been bugging me for about 6 months, and I couldn’t find any solution anywhere in my searches across this forum or Google, thanks again!

Someone from Apple saw this topic so at least now they're aware of the bug!

Here's the solution he suggested to recreate the missing Klopfgeist channel:

Create a project that has the same number of software instrument tracks as you have in your current project. Copy and paste the Klopfgeist channel strip from that project's environment to your project's environment.

:D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
So my click track has not been deleted. I still see the channel strip in my mix window. My click will be working in a session and then all of a sudden go out--even though the metronome Icon up top is still highlighted and ticking like it does when the click is engaged. When I click on metronome settings, the tone scroller is pushed to the left. It allows me to move it back to the right where I should be hearing sound, but I hear nothing. All other windows in the metronome settings window are identical to what they are when the problem isnt happening. The only thing that fixes this is restarting logic. It will then work for a minute or two before the same problem occurs. I just completed my logic update and am running Mojave 10.14.6 and an apollo quad as my interface (if that matters). I remember this happening a few years ago, but the problem corrected itself. Does anyone have any ideas?

• 1 month later...
Any ideas? I am still struggling with this one on basically every project - disappears despite everything set up right, looking right, no sound. Comes and goes, really. Insane. Help? Mike did you figure out the insanity?

• 4 months later...

This happens to me too regularly. The metronome stops make sound and channels strips change plugins. So for example the klopfgeist plugin ends up on my track with Omnisphere and my Omnisphere on the click channel.

And I really don’t know what I’ve could be doing wrong. I am actually very experienced with logic so I don’t think I’m miss clicking etc.

The metronome stops make sound and channels strips change plugins. So for example the klopfgeist plugin ends up on my track with Omnisphere and my Omnisphere on the click channel.

That's an issue that is different from what is being discussed here so I suggest you start a new topic for it in the Logic Pro forum! I have an idea what this could be too. ;)

• 1 month later...
Thanks for that info, David. I made the same mistake in a current project and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get the metronome back. It's been a long time since I've pulled any cables in the Environment. Brought back memories. Not particularly pleasant ones. :?

• 1 month later...
Someone from Apple saw this topic so at least now they're aware of the bug!

Here's the solution he suggested to recreate the missing Klopfgeist channel:

Create a project that has the same number of software instrument tracks as you have in your current project. Copy and paste the Klopfgeist channel strip from that project's environment to your project's environment.

:D

I did this and it did not work :( I get a channel calle d"click" but no klopfgeist in it.

• 1 year later...

Hi,
I did had the same issue. Deleted Clic track, no option to create it again and so...

So as said earlier, I imported a clic track from another project  from the logic "browser" i think ("navigateur" in french).

But the issue was still there (the reserved instrument track was intr 10, and my created channel was inst 9, and of course, no option to switch it to 10, it was greyed).

So I created a midi clic track in the midi environnement, and routed it into the clic track i created (instr 9).

It worked for me, but wasn't perfect. You still need to apply a solo safe on that track, and to tune it properly, but it works with the factory shortcuts.

I have to mention that it was an old Logic 9 project opened with LPX though.