Logic Pro X Midi Environment Window not showing correctly

ckd2013

I have got the Midi Environment window open in Logic Pro but it's started to see which track is which when I have to do the patching.

The track names at the bottom of each track overlap each other and it looks really messy - see attached Screenshot.

Anyone knows how I can fix this?

Thanks.

856321555_ScreenShot2013-08-02at4_43_50PM.thumb.png.f95142b6393d7376f7b0bc2602105d37.png

Yes indeed.

The :cry: 'ing Game

• The font size is now too large, and that's a problem because...

• Text displayed in objects (menus) in older projects opened in LX now extend beyond the bounds of the text object boxes (which don't resize to accommodate the larger font). Most of my environments from L9 projects now look like total crap.

• The align objects function still works, but the large lettering of object names isn't accounted for, so even after applying that function to clean up the position of objects, names and labels coliide & overlap with adjacent objects .

• if you try to move objects by dragging them they either fly off to the right, or they fly down to the bottom of the window out of view. It's a huge annoyance.

• It's nearly impossible to see what kinds of events are being displayed in monitor objects because the symbols on the left are so faint as to be unreadable

• Floating environment windows now display both horizontal and vertical scrollbars no matter what

• 2 weeks later...

As I've been slowly moving old templates over to LPX I've got a few more environmental disasters for you to witness. What were they thinking when they signed off on this?

Notice the faders in the LPX VPG300 are not stock colours available from the colour palette, I wonder how LPX came up with those hideous hues :shock:

I've added the L9 versions for comparison, also I apologise for the size of some of these pictures but I do think they need to be appreciated in their full glory.

(I didn't create the USS but it's such a mess in LPX I had to show it here)

557333925_USSnice.png.ed514bd54769708cd7ba8273105f10c9.png

1791906401_USSnasty.png.c214856c8648f37df21a61f4d1268727.png

2048078775_USScabletasticbutmanageable.thumb.png.2f93c3784a09834bf68c258344cbfbba.png

1140772014_USSwtf.thumb.png.5c31e833cc3f7724eaaba5d63a6cde8b.png

1865972937_VPG300nonabrasive.png.f10306d892add5b6ef1fefec1ab6c388.png

583019575_VPG300arghmyeyes.png.418d890515ff7237b720aff09369f304.png

New Environment Woes (as well as some encore performances) with 10.0.2...

• CRASHES: when attempting to set the range of cable switchers. Been like this since 10.0.0.

• COLORS: Only the top row of colors is available to color environment objects. Try it: select an object and color it red. Now try and color it dark red. It stays red. Same with the other colors.

• COLORS: We don't even have black and white in the color palette any more. So if you color an object, forget about changing your mind by hitting it with white.

• OBJECT NAMING: gone :!: :!: :!: are two key behaviors for naming groups of objects:

1) select a group of transformers. Click on one of them with the text tool. Call it "Bob", hit Return. In all previous versions of Logic, this would cause all of the transformers to be named "Bob". Now only the one you specifically renamed is called Bob.

2) select a group of (whatevers) and with the text tool, call it "Bob 1". In all previous versions of Logic, this would cause the (whatevers) to become sequentially numbered, i.e., "Bob 1", "Bob 2", "Bob 3". But not any more. Only the one you named "Bob 1" gets renamed.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It's an absolute piece of s#!+ gongshow disaster.

Imported stuff or opened session don't work properly that were fine from L5 to L9. Visually - awful - fonts - bugs - colours not working - misaligned everything... bad contrast.

Whoever signed off on this BS should be fired from the Logic division. I've invested so many hours into workflow enhancements, only for this to be an absolute LX deal breaker.

I'm in absolute disbelief. I can't even quickly trace problems that it's caused as it no longer highlights *all* attached cables to the selected module.

:( :shock:

Logic9.thumb.jpg.d6cc1372e841fc7aae2d7f421dcdde20.jpg

LogicX.thumb.jpg.12e0979af7c05364aaf4538cc92b510c.jpg

• OBJECT NAMING: gone :!: :!: :!: are two key behaviors for naming groups of objects:

1) select a group of transformers. Click on one of them with the text tool. Call it "Bob", hit Return. In all previous versions of Logic, this would cause all of the transformers to be named "Bob". Now only the one you specifically renamed is called Bob.

2) select a group of (whatevers) and with the text tool, call it "Bob 1". In all previous versions of Logic, this would cause the (whatevers) to become sequentially numbered, i.e., "Bob 1", "Bob 2", "Bob 3". But not any more. Only the one you named "Bob 1" gets renamed.

This is working in 10.1.

Also the symbols that identify the type of data in monitor objects is back to having a lighter color:

1536593781_ScreenShot2015-01-22at09_11_36.png.e92d2064fa19a471951b10a3fa4cb412.png

However, there's some new little visual glitches when dragging objects:

1447638085_ScreenShot2015-01-22at09_14_15.png.469f583062cecef918491dfeef97ea84.png

J.

• 2 weeks later...

I discovered another little annoying one in 10.1.0. Buttons in the Environment don't work very well anymore.

The first click on a button will only work sometimes. That's the most annoying part.

If you keep clicking, you have to do it really slow - about 2 per second is the fastest - for it to work, that is if they work at all. Holding down the mouse button and moving the pointer over the button's surface will always register a click though.

If you want an environment object to have a blank name space, and so you delete it's name e.g. '(Fader)', the behaviour since LP X is to rename the object as "GM Device".

Workaround : enter a blank space in place of the objects name.

1737964673_10.1environment-objectnamingbug.gif.e87e9096a1548d38a74c1f5e81059cdb.gif

I discovered another little annoying one in 10.1.0. Buttons in the Environment don't work very well anymore.

The first click on a button will only work sometimes. That's the most annoying part.

If you keep clicking, you have to do it really slow - about 2 per second is the fastest - for it to work, that is if they work at all. Holding down the mouse button and moving the pointer over the button's surface will always register a click though.

Yeah, that one was already reported over here:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=113788

J.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Seems like there is some naming problems in Logic X. I also noticed that if you try to rename several regions you see "X regions selected" and if you dobbelt click where you change the name and push enter it should be the same name as before you edit name, but now the regions are named "X regions selected".

I have also made alot of things in environment and they all looks like, well like nothing nice, after opnening it in Logic X. Seems like everything has been resized, and not for smaller versions but bigger version... hm....

• 3 months later...