Multiple Monitor Screensets not staying put

maintitle

I've created a number of screensets, distributing various windows onto different computer monitors (I have 3 monitors and a lcd tv attached to my computer), and each time I open my LPX file, all the open windows are stacked top of each other on my main screen, instead of where I put them. I've tried locking them which keeps them in place until I reboot the computer, then they're all in stacked in the main window again. Anyone have any ideas? I had no problems with this in LP9. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Maintitle,

I am also having this problem. I have been working with LPX for the last few weeks. This behavior just started today. I have been working through a clean install of Mountain Lion and LPX and reinstalling all my plug-ins has been a tedious business. Just about done now and this pain-in-the-neck started. Any solutions are deeply appreciated.

Thanks, kramerzone

Hey Maintitle,

I am also having this problem. I have been working with LPX for the last few weeks. This behavior just started today. I have been working through a clean install of Mountain Lion and LPX and reinstalling all my plug-ins has been a tedious business. Just about done now and this pain-in-the-neck started. Any solutions are deeply appreciated.

Thanks, kramerzone

Kramerzone,

I got nothing for you, sorry. Still experiencing this issue as well. Very annoying not to mention time consuming.

Happening to me also. I haven't been using X much because of too many bugs. Whenever I do some work in it and reload the song, all windows are stacked over each other and not as I left them. I think people with a single monitor will not have this problem. Just a guess.

Happening to me also. I haven't been using X much because of too many bugs. Whenever I do some work in it and reload the song, all windows are stacked over each other and not as I left them. I think people with a single monitor will not have this problem. Just a guess.

I have to think you're right. I think this is a multiple monitor problem. I'm running 4 monitors (3 using DVI and one LED TV attached via HDMI) but this was never an issuer with Logic 9. In L9 all my screen sets stayed put and worked flawlessly. Only when I switched to LPX did this start happening.

With the ability to pop open and closed all the different editors right in the main window, it seems to me that each new version of logic is moving more and more toward single monitor and/or laptop users. While I love the convenience of this, there are many professional film composers like myself, who use very large templates with multiple screen sets to speed our demanding and often eclectic workflow. I realize we're a small minority of users, and most are probably using Logic to create songs with no more than 30 or 40 tracks, but it would be great if Apple would keep us (professional power users) in mind as they continue to develop Logic Pro.

I hope we can gain some traction on this issue. I have posted it on the apple forums, which I understand the apple folks read. Those of you who are experiencing this problem - If you would, please take a sec and add to my post over there so the apple folks will know it's not a isolated issue and needs to be addressed. Here's a link. Thank you.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23287708#23287708

Might have found what triggers this. But first, a question...

Do any of you have a Giant Bar or Giant SMPTE display open in these problematic projects? And if so, do they span multiple screens?

I will post a synopsis of your replies on my personal FB forum which I know the devs look at.

Might have found what triggers this. But first, a question...

Do any of you have a Giant Bar or Giant SMPTE display open in these problematic projects? And if so, do they span multiple screens?

I will post a synopsis of your replies on my personal FB forum which I know the devs look at.

Yes. I have Giant Bar and Giant SMPTE and Giant SMPTE set to show offset (for running time). All 3 are on Led Tv monitor and all stay put just fine. None of then span multiple screens. On the tv I also have a level meter and the bottom of that window does come down onto my main screen.

ski, please also post it here! The devs and the Logic managers look at this forum regularly too. And it will be beneficial to everyone participating in or reading/finding this thread in the future. Thank you!

I also have a giant SMPTE and beat counter on one screen, the one I run the movie on. Top center of the four I use. Bottom center is arrange, left mixer, right piano editor. Sometimes the counter will move but today after continued new templates and screen locking I was getting things to stay in place. I have heard from a fellow today on the apple boards that this is not so much a Logic problem as a Mountain Lion issue which will - he says - be fixed in Maverick what with its new multi screen features.

OK. I'm thinking that having "Giant" counters is a culprit in this. So far, of the two people who've responded, plus my own experience, we've all got Giant counters and we're having screenset problems. So that's just my hunch. On a L9 project right now so I'm not in a position to test atm, but fwiw (and other acronyms) I only started experiencing this when I started add the Giant Beat counter to my projects.

I'll also add that I've been keeping multiple LPX projects open simultaneously without a hitch, but around the time I started adding Giant Beat counters is when I began experiencing this issue.

So, while not conclusive, it's a potential trail of anecdotal breadcrumbs.

OK. I'm thinking that having "Giant" counters is a culprit in this. So far, of the two people who've responded, plus my own experience, we've all got Giant counters and we're having screenset problems. So that's just my hunch. On a L9 project right now so I'm not in a position to test atm, but fwiw (and other acronyms) I only started experiencing this when I started add the Giant Beat counter to my projects.

I'll also add that I've been keeping multiple LPX projects open simultaneously without a hitch, but around the time I started adding Giant Beat counters is when I began experiencing this issue.

So, while not conclusive, it's a potential trail of anecdotal breadcrumbs.

Ski, I will test this theory on my rig tomorrow eve. Will let u know. Thank you!!!