Created a Note Remapper; very unimpressed with performance.

Jessy

I just wrote my first Scripter plugin. Unfiltered notes come through fine, but there's a delay on the filtered ones that makes them unusable for live use. I haven't tested what happens with playback yet. Please let me know if you know if this is solvable, or if I should file a bug.

Remapper.pst

1-line instructions included in script.

Hi,

I get these exceptions on your scripts when note on and note off events reach the plug-in:

Remapper:

Exception calling HandleMIDI() function:
[JS Exception] TypeError: 'undefined' is not a function (evaluating 'maps.find(
	function(map) { return map.inputNote.pitch == event.pitch; }
)') line:55

DM7X:

Exception calling HandleMIDI() function:
[JS Exception] TypeError: 'undefined' is not a function (evaluating 'maps.find(
	function(map) { return map.inputPitch == pitch; }
)') line:114

I'm just getting started with Javascript so I'm not sure what the problem is.

J.

The find function is new, which boggles my mind; I am also new to JavaScript, and don't understand how it could have taken so long to be included. Your error could indicate that you don't have as new of a version of Logic (10.0.7)/MainStage (3.0.4)as I have, but I'm thinking it's more likely that I'm running the Yosemite beta*, and you're not. Is that true?

Mozilla has been kind enough to provide a workaround; for older JavaScript engines. If you're getting the error, or want your plugin to have maximum compatibility, you can still use find, but you just have to define it yourself. To do so, copy the whole snippet under Polyfill, paste it into the Scripter editor, and recompile/run the script. Let me know how that works out for you.

* Yosemite beta 5 has been solid for me, except for the fact that Focusrite's FireWire interface drivers don't work with it, and I use one of those. My wife and I swapped; hers is USB (still Focusrite) and works fine, because it requires no driver. I did log a bug with Apple, but they said it was Focusrite's problem, and contacted Focusrite about it for me. I hope they get on the ball, because otherwise my Saffire is a paperweight. My wife is good for now with it, because she's still running Mavericks.

Thanks, Jessy.

Your error could indicate that you don't have as new of a version of Logic (10.0.7)/MainStage (3.0.4)as I have

I do have those, take a look at my signature (and please add the required info to yours as well, forum rules :mrgreen: )

but I'm thinking it's more likely that I'm running the Yosemite beta*, and you're not. Is that true?

Yep, no Yosemite here yet.

Mozilla has been kind enough to provide a workaround; for older JavaScript engines. If you're getting the error, or want your plugin to have maximum compatibility, you can still use find, but you just have to define it yourself. To do so, copy the whole snippet under Polyfill, paste it into the Scripter editor, and recompile/run the script. Let me know how that works out for you.

I'll check it out, thanks again!

J.

on your side note: try http://beta.focusrite.com there's a beta version of saffire mix which works for Yosemite and my Liquid Saffire 56.

* Yosemite beta 5 has been solid for me, except for the fact that Focusrite's FireWire interface drivers don't work with it, and I use one of those. My wife and I swapped; hers is USB (still Focusrite) and works fine, because it requires no driver. I did log a bug with Apple, but they said it was Focusrite's problem, and contacted Focusrite about it for me. I hope they get on the ball, because otherwise my Saffire is a paperweight. My wife is good for now with it, because she's still running Mavericks.