Rickenbacker Script - getting there

Unheardofski

It's done, sorta. I haven't tried every possible scenario, and I've had the occasional crash - so use with caution. But at the very least it's working more or less as expected. I'm not really good at programming so the code itself probably could be more efficient and streamlined but I don't think there is any outright retardation in it at least.

If you don't have this specific instrument, there are still one or two functions you can try, like the velocity trim, the MIDI channel selector which will work on other instruments as well, the vibrato (mod-wheel slider basically) and the send all notes off.

Here's how it('s supposed to) works:

scarb.thumb.jpg.f61a74c49f950ca8257ae49b635daca7.jpg

1; MIDI channel selector

self explanatory. Useful if you have for instance the standard and the palm muted set up on different channels.

2; Fret position (this sends the Keyswitches (not the CC) for fret position. This method proved more reliable strangely.

3; Force Strings: Sends the different possible Keyswitch combos. Note sure I will ever use EDG but whatever. This sends a note_off to the keyswitches in the same category when altered.

4; Stroke Direction. For picking. (Otherwise I recommend alternate stroking)

5; Articulations. This is a bit hit and miss. The trills aren't always executing as expected since the auto stroke detection and hammer-on pull-off thing in the KONTAKT script seems to take over. The fret noise/clap works fine though, that one is set up as a one off (it sends a note off after 300 ms and resets the menu to off).

6; Setting for the clap/noise velocity. Try increasing in single increments from 1 and up, its's actually unique samples for a lot of the way.

7; HammerOn/PullOff. Meh.

8; Slide. Works if you time it well and have legato notes underneath. It's just a sustain pedal switch.

9; Sustain: Works like a charm. Try a midi region with ultra staccato notes and this engaged.

10; Chord Mode: note really tested. I am not big on bass chords.

11; Velocity trim (for incoming notes - doesn't trim the articulations etc.). Made this one up along the way and it turned out pretty useful. Try combining with the vibrato and force sting to totally alter sound character.

12; Vibrato - ModWheel slider.

13; RICK-O-SOUND: This requires setting up KONTAKT CC23 to the Rick-O-Sound switch on the instrument.

14; Reset instrument: Sends the reset randomization keyswitch. (One-off)

15; Reset script parameters: Sets everything to the default parameter. (One-Off)

16; Send All Notes Off: I get the occasional hung note, this kills everything. (One-Off)

Hopefully someone has the balls and the instrument to play a little with this and report back. Enjoy. And again, use with caution - it's made by a, well intentioned but total,noob.

Scarbee Rickenbacker® Helper.pst.zip

Hopefully someone has the balls and the instrument to play a little with this and report back. Enjoy. And again, use with caution - it's made by a, well intentioned but total,noob.

Just tested this using my Scarbee Pre-Bass instrument which is close enough. Some functions work while others don't since it's not the same instrument of course... really great work here!

This might be asking a lot but.. if you have the Scarbee Pre-Bass could you please create a similar script for it?

Just tested this using my Scarbee Pre-Bass instrument which is close enough. Some functions work while others don't since it's not the same instrument of course... really great work here!

This might be asking a lot but.. if you have the Scarbee Pre-Bass could you please create a similar script for it?

I don't unfortunately. I downloaded the manual though and will give it a go sometime soon.