Scripter plugin to fix incoming note lengths?

anp27

Can somebody out there create a very simple Scripter plugin that fixes the note lengths of incoming MIDI notes? For example, I would like to have a drop down where I could choose to have only 1/4 nites, or 1/16th notes, etc. altered and recorded based on the note rate chosen, regardless of how I'm playing it on my MIDI controller. Ableton Live has this as a MIDI effect plugin and I would love to see something similar in Logic X. Anyone?

Try this. Just did the 4/4 ones and am a bit tired (i think the math is correct :) ) If it's what you need I can add the triplets and stuff as well.

edit: Triplets added/fk-up fixed.

Also to say that this was a pretty good idea for a script, will probably use it myself too.

Quantize Note Length.pst

Edited by Unheardofski

Try this. Just did the 4/4 ones and am a bit tired (i think the math is correct :) ) If it's what you need I can add the triplets and stuff as well.

Also to say that this was a pretty good idea for a script, will probably use it myself too.

Hey Unhearodofski, THANK YOU for making this! I just tested the script, and unfortunately it's not working for me... the note lengths recorded follow the duration I played them at. Is there something I'm missing?

My initial reaction was like yours. Then I pressed play :)

Think of how the chord trigger or arpeggiator MIDIfx work. This is in the same place in the chain.

Aaah, I see! So then I would have to 'burn' the result, yes? I will go and test this now.

EDIT: I pressed play and used the MIDI FX Freeze plugin to capture the results. It works, thanks! Now if there were only a way for Logic to record the results automatically?

• 3 years later...

Thanks for creating this, it perfectly solves a problem I was having with my Alesis Control Pad, which doesn't have an option for note length.

• 5 years later...
On 2/15/2015 at 2:48 AM, anp27 said:

Aaah, I see! So then I would have to 'burn' the result, yes? I will go and test this now.

EDIT: I pressed play and used the MIDI FX Freeze plugin to capture the results. It works, thanks! Now if there were only a way for Logic to record the results automatically?

I think that Logic can record MIDIFx output directly in the track of its channelstrip