Plugin or script to display

anp27

the currently active MIDI Channel that my keyboard transmits from... is there something out there that exists? I have an M-Audio 88 es keyboard and I switch between active MIDI Channels a lot. But without some sort of monitor its a little tricky sometimes to keep track of this, and the 88 es doesn't display the active MIDI Channel either (it doesn't have an onboard display of any sort). Any ideas?

This Environment floating window thingy can also display the current MIDI Ch number...

Hey thanks ibt! This is a lot closer to what I had in mind! I like how the number is clearly visible and doesn't go away unlike the Custom view option. Just 2 questions:

1. Is it possible for the MIDI Channel to appear as soon as I switch channels on keyboard? The way it works now is this: I switch channels, I have to play in a note, and then the MIDI Channel is displayed. So the snag here is that I have to play a note FIRST for the MIDI Channel to appear.

Is there a way to somehow tell Logic to display the MIDI Channel as soon as the channel is switched? Is this possible? It would be that much more useful for me if it could work this way.. :?:

Just a little additional info.. the way I'm switching MIDI Channels is via + and - buttons on my Keystation 88es (I have preconfigured the Octave + and - to switch MIDI Channels incrementally instead: one of the Advanced Functions of this keyboard). Now that I think of it, it might not even be possible since I don't think these buttons transmit MIDI to begin with... But if you have any ideas, do let me know!

2. Can I resize the red number showing the MIDI Channel to something a little bigger perhaps? Or is text size fixed in the Environment?

Is there a way to somehow tell Logic to display the MIDI Channel as soon as the channel is switched? Is this possible?

I don't know that controller... when those Octave buttons are hit, then yes, they'd need to transmit something you could transform somehow.

But, if it's a SysEx message, then... someone else needs to pitch in...

You could sacrifice one note on the controller (lowest or highest maybe), to have the job of 'silently' changing the display to match the current Ch #.

Re scaling up the number on the display, not possible with that environment object unfortunately.

Edited by ibt

But, if it's a SysEx message, then... someone else needs to pitch in...

You know what.. it probably is a SysEx message..

You could sacrifice one note on the controller (lowest or highest maybe), to have the job of 'silently' changing the display to match the current Ch #.

That would probably be my best.. I guess the lowest key (A-1) would be that key.

Re scaling up the number on the display, not possible with that environment object unfortunately.

Bummer!

Thanks so much again!