Script request

3ple

Hey guys! Anyone with enough knowledge to modify an existing script (the Sequencer).

Basically my idea was to have extra values for rate, for example dotted and up to 64 or even more.

And then, being able to assign each one of those values to certain notes (example: C-2 to 1/4, C#-2 to 1/4 dotted, etc). 

Basically the same idea as the Note Repeat feature, but in a way that we can change the patterns AFTER we record it.

And all those other parameters that come with the Sequencer script could just be deleted. The Rate is really just the only thing that I find useful for this script. 

I wish I could make those changes myself, but JavaScript is almost like Chinese to me... lol

• 2 weeks later...
Why don't you use the Note Repeater MIDI FX?

The Note Repeater limits you to the number of repetitions you pick. My idea is to have something that repeats the note for as long as I am pressing the note on the keyboard (or MIDI note on the piano roll). Not sure if you're familiar with Ableton and CDJs but it's called Beat Repeat (at least in Ableton I guess that's what they call it). It pretty much loops that section of the song for as long as a certain key is pressed. Once you release it, it goes back to normal

Hi

The reason I haven't replied to this yet is that I have been trying to grasp the spec, but I am failing (let's attribute this to language barrier). If you could explain exactly what the script is supposed to do with an incoming note based on GUI settings I am pretty sure we can solve this. (With "we" I mean either Eric or I).

If you on the other hand want something like a MID looper (ex. latch' button on the Alesis Ion/Micron that allowed you to loop a phrase of any length, but would let you 'interrupt' it if you wanted to play a fill, then it would resume, keeping the time) shoot me a message and I'll dig up a bespoke script I made. This will loop entire sections until you tell it to stop.

Hi

The reason I haven't replied to this yet is that I have been trying to grasp the spec, but I am failing (let's attribute this to language barrier). If you could explain exactly what the script is supposed to do with an incoming note based on GUI settings I am pretty sure we can solve this. (With "we" I mean either Eric or I).

If you on the other hand want something like a MID looper (ex. latch' button on the Alesis Ion/Micron that allowed you to loop a phrase of any length, but would let you 'interrupt' it if you wanted to play a fill, then it would resume, keeping the time) shoot me a message and I'll dig up a bespoke script I made. This will loop entire sections until you tell it to stop.

Hi,

I don't know about the Alesis feature so I can't really tell you if that's the feature. But I guess from what you tried to illustrate, you can call it a looper.

There are two concepts that can be explored. One is that a section is looped while a keyboard on a midi controller is pressed (for example C-2) or a midi note on a midi region is present. Then we can assign other keyboard notes (C #-2, D -2, etc) to different rates like 1/4triplet, 1/16, etc. So in this case it will loop that section.

Another approach is like an arppegiator or a step sequencer. You create a single midi event for as long as you want and when pressing certain keys or inserting those super low midi notes it will activate the sound at a specific rate, based on the note as explained above.

You know how the Note Repeat feature works and how you can assign the ModWheel to change the rate? Imagine that, but first instead of having the modwheel, we already have the lowest notes triggering different rates by default so it lets us "play" the rate and also it can be applied to something that's already recorded, unlike the Note Repeat which applies the effect only when you're playing/recording. I would like to being able to have midi notes that I can drag to different locations in order to change the pattern, like changing from C-2 to D-2 to go from a 1/4 rate to 1/8triplet. 

I'm not a big hiphop producer, but this came from that idea of having the hi hats playing certain patterns.

Hope it all makes sense.

Thanks

:)

• 3 weeks later...