Logic Audio Plug-In Settings... file encoding format?

Nseruame

I've really taken to Scripter recently. Unfortunately it does not load JavaScript files directly. Instead, you have to copy and paste JS directly into Scripters editor, and then save the preset as a PST. This is fine for smaller scripts, but it can quickly become monotonous if you are used to app development workflows and want to explore more complex scripts. I'm hoping to obtain a smooth workflow when developing Scripter plugins, ideally being able run a light build process to output PST files with JS content to the file system which Scripter can load.

Unfortunately, this is not working out too well. 

I can write PST files, Scripter will load them, but it will not show the files contents. I've tried a number of encodings, but none seem to interpreted by Scripter correctly. Running ``File -I`` on a PST file from terminal reports encoding as "application/octet-stream; charset=binary", Node Buffers report the encoding simply as "binary", and Finder just declares it out right: Logic Audio Plug-In Setting proprietary format... and the word 'proprietary' seems to be ringing true!

Do Apple detail the file format used in PST files anywhere? Is it an open or closed standard? I had a quick look through the developer portal but nothing has popped up yet ( I am not an Apple developer, so I could be missing something). Very curious to find out if anyone here has any information about this.

If only it would load JS files... advices?

P.S.

Made request for Scripter to load JavaScript files directly : http://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

Still interested in hearing peoples thoughts about the format!

• 3 months later...
Thanks for the confirmation @dess99. I abandoned that approach shortly after writing the post. It was a dead end (i.e. scrambled character encoding in PST's output from plain text files via some NodeJS scripting). However, I did find a way to automate the copying of javascript files to the clipboard - run ``man pbcopy`` in terminal to get the gist of it.