Mute using scripter

I'm afraid to say no. Scripter can only be used to script midi events and as much as I would like it to, does not change transport or channel strip state. That said, you could implement a "PassThru" script that more or less mutes incoming MIDI events by simply ignoring them. Not what you were looking for I'm sure!

Have a look at the last couple of tutorial scripts provided by Apple....called "Control Plugins".  There is a way to set a "target" to automatable plugin parameters in the strip.  So you could use for example, the Gain plugin in the channel strip and target the gain parameter...or perhaps there is another plugin that has more of an on/off switch you can target.  That script example should get you going.  For some reason the target feature doesn't work to learn the channel strip controls like fader/pan, etc..  but it can learn any inserted plugin parameters that are automatable...and you can definitely control that with Scripter this way.  See the example I mentioned.

• 4 weeks later...
That would mute the midi, but not neccesarily the audio.  There is a freebie plugin out now, can't remember what its called right now, which does provide full channel strip stuff including mute, but the mute control is unfortunately not learnable by Scripter yet.  i told the author, but I don't think he really listened, so...  That would be a way, if we ever fixes that...or any other plugin that has mute on it...that is a learnable control.