Script for sending a note message to channels 1-6 simultaneously

Jordi B

Hello,

I play midi guitar and I set it to one channel per string (1-6). Sometimes I need to send a note on message to channel 1 to 6 at the same time in the same track, for controlling my multitimbral virtual instruments. I've seen in a previous topic a script for sending ccs to all channels which is awesome and works great. I would like to know if it's possible to do a similar script for sending notes messages to all channels.

Thank you in advance

Thank you a lot!

That is what I asked for. The only thing is that I forgot to say that I need to send note messages to channels 1-6 only if the notes come from my Roland fc-200 pedalboard (set to channel 16) so the notes coming from my midi guitar (channels 1-6) are not altered.

I need all CC's going to all channels or going to channels 1-6 (better). The option for all CC's from channel 16 copied to all channels (or channels 1-6) will work well when using my foot controller, but will not work with other controllers (for example my guitar knob, which is hardwired to channel 1).

I Hope this helps .

This is the last version I will do....you will have to figure it out if this doesn't work. You should be advised, that if you copy all CC's all the time, it can cause a lot of needless midi traffic and burden your CPU, so you should try to to figure out where you actually need them and just copy those.

function HandleMIDI(event) {
   if((event instanceof Note && event.channel == 16) 
                 || event instanceof ControlChange) {
       for (var i=1;i<=6;i++) {
           event.channel = i;
           event.send();
       }
   }
   else {
       event.send();
   }
}

• Love 1

• 5 years later...