Mute MIDI when Mod Wheel Certain Value?

I'm a keyboardist / amateur scripter who's been trying to write a script that prevents note on messages from being sent when a continuous controller value (1 for the Mod Wheel) is in a certain range. The problem is, when I make HandleMIDI the continuous controller, I can't affect the notes and when I make the HandleMIDI function the note, I can't read the continuous controller to do anything with it. What I would like is something like this

function HandleMIDI(event)
{
 if (event instanceof Note && ContinousController(1) < 50)
   { event.send()}
}

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a keyboardist / amateur scripter who's been trying to write a script that prevents note on messages from being sent when a continuous controller value (1 for the Mod Wheel) is in a certain range. The problem is, when I make HandleMIDI the continuous controller, I can't affect the notes and when I make the HandleMIDI function the note, I can't read the continuous controller to do anything with it. What I would like is something like this

function HandleMIDI(event)
{
 if (event instanceof Note && ContinousController(1) < 50)
   { event.send()}
}

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There's a time to use a scripter but there's also a time to use The Environment instead.