Something Like Chordio

pwatsky

Chordio is a plugin designed by one of the former contributors here...he seems to have gone quite and closed down his website. Here is a video of the product....

Here was his website...https://gumroad.com/l/IUkS

I would like to commission someone to design a similar script. It would include Humanize, Flam, Multiple note chords...much like the Chordio. Is there anyone who might be willing to help?

thx

Phil

If you've not tried Scaler already, it offers a deep experience with the ability to map individual chords from a scale to a key, OR drag straight on to the timeline. It also offers you control on the bass note and chord variations (7th/4th/Sus etc. plus note order)

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/3-Studio-Tools/72-Utility/3933-Scaler

May not be suitable for you, perhaps, but i would highly recommend it if it's inspiration you are seeking. Also features different methods of playing chords (i.e. strum (flam) styles) as can be seen in this video:

As it runs as a Midi FX plugin you can put it in front of Logic's own Appregiator of course, but it lacks Humanise, but i imagine that's just a random quantise on Chordio?

The flam feature of chordio does sound kind of unique honestly. You might try some various guitar strumming plugins you might be able to find...I don't k now any unfortunately, but more or less that is what you need. I can't remember the name of the guy that did all those, did you try to PM him through here? He used to post here often too.

Yeah, i'm not into making my own EDM so much, but i used to really like his video tutorials, how relaxed he was, very watchable. But i know he was finding it hard to make the video tutorials work for him financially, and that was a long while back, in fact, forgot about him till this video came up.

pwatsky - As for the flam feature, the strum is the closest you're going to get and may not be ideal for EDM based music, but you can use other plugins to add flam, and of course Logic has Q-Flam built in to it, but i think that only applies to existing regions, not playing live.

There is a demo for scaler of course.

The flam in Chordio is great, the one in Logic isn't so good...just tried it. I am doing Rock stuff and after seeing Chordio was ready to pony up some dough because it was exactly what I want. I am hoping some enterprising reader can make a script like it.

• 2 weeks later...