Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Kick is always C1

Sanne is always C#1

However, certain kits have claps, FX, even one labeled "Misc." that differ from kit to kit

You already have a Clap in Drummer, but for FX or Misc, I would consider using Tamborine or Maracas from Drummer to drive those 2 from Butch Vig.

LogicSetup.thumb.png.b19e36adf2b3f693e25e1c9d99a42bcb.png

You know, you can even just have Ride1, Ride2, RideBell, etc... drive other drum pieces from Butch Vig.

I think keep the kick, snare, hi-hat and toms the same, but experiment with the others.

The script I have allows you to experiment pretty easily.

Kick is always C1

Sanne is always C#1

However, certain kits have claps, FX, even one labeled "Misc." that differ from kit to kit

You already have a Clap in Drummer, but for FX or Misc, I would consider using Tamborine or Maracas from Drummer to drive those 2 from Butch Vig.

LogicSetup.png

You know, you can even just have Ride1, Ride2, RideBell, etc... drive other drum pieces from Butch Vig.

I think keep the kick, snare, hi-hat and toms the same, but experiment with the others.

The script I have allows you to experiment pretty easily.

Thank you so very much

One more question (thanks for dealing with me) as I am new to the world of scripting;

The note names I put in the script are the note names from Butch Vig Drums, right?

(I probably sound like an idiot - well, what else is new? LOL)

• 7 months later...
pls help...is there a midi drum map for GGD drums to use with logic x drummer..??? regards

In order to use your Goodget Drums with your MIDI controller, Goodget Drums has to supply you with a drum map that shows which MIDI note will play which drum kit piece in a Goodget Drum preset.

I found this drum map for a Goodget drum preset (since I don't own Goodget Drums).

823519453_ggdpresetdrummap.thumb.png.ea8e4bd7b85fc86b7e45c185faa6eaf8.png

I highllighted 3 drum kit pieces...

And in the RedirectLogicDrummerToAny script from above, I mapped those 3 highlighted drum kit pieces so Logic Drummer knows which drum kit piece to play in Goodget Drums.

RedirectLogicDrummerToAny.thumb.png.0dfb6f10205f45390a046c4db59e39c3.png

Now you have to finish the remapping.

Keep in mind, these are two different animals so you're not going to find a one-to-one match, you'll have to decide what you think is the best choice for Logic Drummer to play which drum kit piece in a Goodget Drum preset kit.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 3/30/2019 at 4:38 AM, ValliSoftware said:

I create a new drum map template that defaults to Logic's GM mapping, which is what Logic Drummer uses.

The name of the script is RedirectLogicDrummerToAny and looks like the following:

RedirectLogicDrummerToAny.thumb.png.0f3107725dac25d6a24235129700a090.png

To use this script, load your 3rd party drum kit and make an alias from Logic Drummer to the 3rd party drum track.

Load this script on the 3rd party drum track, NOT on the Logic Drummer track.

To drive other 3rd party drummers, just map the Logic Drummer drum piece to the 3rd party drum piece.

As an example, I used RedirectLogicDrummerToAny as a template and created the following Drum Maps

RedirectLogicDrummerToAD2 - for Addictive Drums 2

RedirectLogicDrummerToEZD2 - for EZ Drummer 2

RedirectLogicDrummerToSD3 - for Superior Drummer 3

Wondering if this file is offline? Any chance for an re-upload?

6 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Valli Software disappeared from the forum one day taking down all the files he had shared here, we don't know why he chose to do that but I doubt he'll reappear or share the files again. 

Damn! Thanks for letting me know though.

• Like 1