Logic Drummer Drum Maps

I create a new drum map template that defaults to Logic's GM mapping, which is what Logic Drummer uses.

The name of the script is RedirectLogicDrummerToAny and looks like the following:

RedirectLogicDrummerToAny.thumb.png.0f3107725dac25d6a24235129700a090.png

To use this script, load your 3rd party drum kit and make an alias from Logic Drummer to the 3rd party drum track.

Load this script on the 3rd party drum track, NOT on the Logic Drummer track.

To drive other 3rd party drummers, just map the Logic Drummer drum piece to the 3rd party drum piece.

As an example, I used RedirectLogicDrummerToAny as a template and created the following Drum Maps

RedirectLogicDrummerToAD2 - for Addictive Drums 2

RedirectLogicDrummerToEZD2 - for EZ Drummer 2

RedirectLogicDrummerToSD3 - for Superior Drummer 3

Edited by ValliSoftware
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi, is there an easy way to edit the script for this type of drum map with copy paste? I like to use the Scripter with Drum Machine Designer. There's a remapper preset for Drum Machine Designer but all of the kits are slightly different. Some of them have two kicks, three snares etc. It be nice to adjust the map based on the kit.

Unless there are presets online that I'm missing. This is the best source I've been able to find. Thanks for the drummer presets!

• 6 months later...
Hey:-)

Sorry for the noob question but how do I install the script for it to work in Logic?

Thanks for this BTW...it solves a huge problem for a friend of mine!!!

PEace

Here's a simple video that shows now to use this script to have Logic Drummer play UltraBeat.

In this setup, you can apply it to other 3rd party drum instruments as well.

• 5 months later...

I"d like to resurrect this thread and also ask ValliSoftware how to install the RedirectLogicDrummerToAny script in Logic Pro x. How do you get it into Logic and into the insert effects area? Can you explain how this is done?

I made a midi track from a drummer track and want to use the midi track to trigger Addictive Drums 2. I don't see any way to do this, and I've searched everywhere! I've set AD 2 to GM and that doesn't work. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

I"d like to resurrect this thread and also ask ValliSoftware how to install the RedirectLogicDrummerToAny script in Logic Pro x. How do you get it into Logic and into the insert effects area? Can you explain how this is done?

I made a midi track from a drummer track and want to use the midi track to trigger Addictive Drums 2. I don't see any way to do this, and I've searched everywhere! I've set AD 2 to GM and that doesn't work. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

When you say you created a MIDI file from Logic Drummer, you dragged to yellow Drummer region to an empty instrument track to get a green MIDI region, correct?

Can you zip and post that MIDI file.

To Install the scripts....

Unzip the above file and put the whole LogicDrummerDrumMaps folder into this folder

Music/Audio Music Apps/Plug-In Settings/Scripter

On your MIDI track, load the Scripter MIDI-FX plug in and you should see the LogicDrummerDrumMaps folder and when select it you'll see the actual scripts to choose from.

Hi ValliSoftware. Yes I dragged the yellow Drummer region to an empty instrument track to get a green MIDI region. I know I can move midi notes around in the piano roll to get what I want from AD2, but in reality I need a E Drum set to really take advantage of playing AD 2. I did fool around with a keyboard last night and I can just play the parts in that way too. I don't think using midi tracks from drummer is going to take advantage of AD 2's full potential without a lot of work. I may try your script and see what happens. Many thanks ValliSoftware, much appreciated!

• 2 months later...
I create a new drum map template that defaults to Logic's GM mapping, which is what Logic Drummer uses.

Hi Vallis, thanks so much for this. I would like to create a map for NI Studio Drummer using your "To Any" map but I don't know where to begin, any tips?

So there's no Maracas in Studio Drummer, so I mapped that to the cowbell. We always need more cowbell. :mrgreen:

In order to hear the cowbell, you need to change the MIDI Channel on the track that NI Studio Drummer is on from "All" to "1".

That's if you specify Maracas in Logic Drummer.

LogicDrummerMapping.thumb.png.8e2a80bfa403b59e15be0e72c354dab8.png

I've attached a new script for NI Studio Drummer.

If any of the mappings are wrong, update and repost so others can get that update too.

Edited by ValliSoftware

I've attached a new script for NI Studio Drummer. If any of the mappings are wrong, update and repost so others can get that update too.

Wow thanks for the speedy reply! Just tested it, everything is working perfectly including the tambourine, cowbell, etc... YOU ROCK!!!!!!! Many thanks :)

EDIT: Just tested with some NI Abbey Road Drummers I own, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s Drummer, they're all working perfectly as well!

I've attached a new script for NI Studio Drummer. If any of the mappings are wrong, update and repost so others can get that update too.

Wow thanks for the speedy reply! Just tested it, everything is working perfectly including the tambourine, cowbell, etc... YOU ROCK!!!!!!! Many thanks :)

EDIT: Just tested with some NI Abbey Road Drummers I own, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s Drummer, they're all working perfectly as well!

Cool.

I already had a script created for Abbey Roads and I figured the mapping for the kit pieces would be the same for all NI drums, but that's why I was able to get this quick for. you.

Here's another script you might be interested in.

Sometimes the velocity for a certain kit piece can be louder that what I want, so for individual kit pieces, I can overwrite what Logic Drummer sent to what I want instead.

So if the kick is too loud, in this example pic, I set the velocity to 40 and what I do is pick a random value between 35-45 and play that instead, otherwise, I leave the Velocity "As Is".

ChangeVelocity.thumb.png.6c181530333b3eb0b396a82a65e481fe.png

Place this script above the mapping script on your NI Sudio Drummer.

Edited by ValliSoftware

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Vallis, I'd like to create an Addictive Drums 2 map so that I can preview my external MIDI drum files (Studio Drummer, etc) directly within the AD2 Beats page so that they play back with the correct mapping. Would you happen to know how I can go about doing this?

Hey Vallis, I'd like to create an Addictive Drums 2 map so that I can preview my external MIDI drum files (Studio Drummer, etc) directly within the AD2 Beats page so that they play back with the correct mapping. Would you happen to know how I can go about doing this?

Are you asking how to preview Studio Drummer Grooves with Addictive Drums 2. Sorry, I just wanted to double check.

1392010632_StudioDrummerGrooves.thumb.png.9dd88ab8973de68e6c527f9124182292.png

Are you asking how to preview Studio Drummer Grooves with Addictive Drums 2. Sorry, I just wanted to double check.

StudioDrummer Grooves.png

Yeah so I’ve actually extracted the raw Studio Drummer files and imported them into Addictive Drums 2’s UI. I can play them in the AD2 Beats page but the problem is the mapping is incorrect.

Yeah so I’ve actually extracted the raw Studio Drummer files and imported them into Addictive Drums 2’s UI. I can play them in the AD2 Beats page but the problem is the mapping is incorrect.

Before importing, you'd need to edit the GM.AD2Map file in the External MIDI Folder.

This is the contents of the Place MIDI files here.txt

Place external MIDI files in this folder and then choose “Refresh MIDI Library” in the Help Button [?] menu. Contact support if you need any further assistance.

-- PowerMap feature --
If importing midi files with for example GM mapping that needs to be remapped, create a folder named GM and in that folder put your map file named GM.AD2Map. Then all midi files in that folder and subfolders will be remapped using GM.AD2Map. 
This works for any mapping, just follow the steps above but use your map of choice as name.

In Addictive Drums open the External MIDI folder

OpenExternalMIDIFolder.png.8b69cb5b47406e2d6b9fec3892f27bfe.png

ExternalMIDIFolder.png.18c5aafbc7086605875d732102916408.png

You'll see the above readme file but go into the GM folder, that's the GM.AD2Map file that you'll need to modify to support NI Studio Drum midi files.

Open the Addictive Drums 2 Keymap PDF file to know which mapping numbers you'll need to modify.

AddictiveDrums2Keymap.png.4da5bb330f6115c60caa32f9142e502d.png

Make sure to look into the Native Instruments Documentation folders for each kit (in this example I show Studio Drummer), there you'll see the mapping PDF files for each kit.

NIStudioDrummerMaps.png.dfd32fbdc24c8e568299216df63ed6d6.png

Before importing, you'd need to edit the GM.AD2Map file in the External MIDI Folder.

Thanks! I followed the instructions as closely as I was able to comprehend them, made the edits and though I'm not entirely sure that I did everything 100% correctly the NI MIDI files do sound like they're more "correct" now compared to what I heard previously. Cheers and thanks again for all your help :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The name of the script is RedirectLogicDrummerToAny and looks like the following:

RedirectLogicDrummerToAny.png

To use this script, load your 3rd party drum kit and make an alias from Logic Drummer to the 3rd party drum track.

To drive other 3rd party drummers, just map the Logic Drummer drum piece to the 3rd party drum piece.

As an example, I used RedirectLogicDrummerToAny as a template and created the following Drum Maps

Thank you for this.

• 4 weeks later...

RedirectLogicDrummerToAny.png

Thanks for this - I have a question though:

I downloaded the Script and inserted it on the aliased track

The aliased track is set to NI Butch Vig Drums

However, whether I have the Script on or off in the MIDI FX makes no difference to the drums being played

Here is a screenshot of just one the Butch Vig Drums layout with the Script next to it

Are there parameters I would need to change in the Script editor to ensure they were lined up in each kit within Butch Vig Drums as naturally, every kit in Butch Vig Drums is routed differently - YIKES!

Thank you

1738986601_CleanShot2021-02-22at16_58.11@2x.thumb.png.08ea0c7b2bd477ae111279c7cd87228b.png

However, whether I have the Script on or off in the MIDI FX makes no difference to the drums being played

vigdrumsetup2.thumb.png.9e283b84ef297612ffa18259719c6891.png

When Drummer sends a Side Stick, the snare at C#1 in Butch Vig drums will get played, not the RimShot at A1. You would need to update the script for Side Stick to A1, not C#1.

I would look at the MIDI Pad names on Butch Vig drums and match the corresponding Logic Drummer name, then I would change the number on the script to match Butch Vig drums Midi number.

vigdrumsetup2.png

When Drummer sends a Side Stick, the snare at C#1 in Butch Vig drums will get played, not the RimShot at A1. You would need to update the script for Side Stick to A1, not C#1.

I would look at the MIDI Pad names on Butch Vig drums and match the corresponding Logic Drummer name, then I would change the number on the script to match Butch Vig drums Midi number.

Oh wow, ok - each Butch Vig kit is different so, would I, ultimately, have to design different scripts for each separate kit?

Oh wow, ok - each Butch Vig kit is different so, would I, ultimately, have to design different scripts for each separate kit?

If Butch Vig didn't reuse for example, C1 as kick, C#1 as snare, etc... across all their kits, that's a poor design.

But to answer your question, yes you'd have to create a new script for each kit.

I would take a look at the kits again, I'm pretty sure they have C1 for kick, C#1 for snare, etc... for all their kits.

If Butch Vig didn't reuse for example, C1 as kick, C#1 as snare, etc... across all their kits, that's a poor design.

But to answer your question, yes you'd have to create a new script for each kit.

I would take a look at the kits again, I'm pretty sure they have C1 for kick, C#1 for snare, etc... for all their kits.

Kick is always C1

Sanne is always C#1

However, certain kits have claps, FX, even one labeled "Misc." that differ from kit to kit