Randomizer shortfall

django

Randomizer is not able to modulate plug-in parameters and track controls including Sends or Pan.

I'm using an external mono instrument in my example. I've been trying to get a random trigger to modulate track pan, or a plugs panorama. I've tried getting Randomizer to modulate one of Logics smart controls which it doesn't do. Modulator' S&H doesn't step via midi trigger.

So how can I create a Randomizer that will do what I want it to do, also I wonder about things like LFOs etc in Scripter. Is this a matter of learning Javascript entirely or do we have some more tools/tutorials available now that are again, user friendly toward more difficult code.

I'd happily pay for someone to create a randomizer with MIDI trigger input settings but WITH an output option that includes Plug-in parameters. But more than happy with some more information about where to start looking.

Scripter can do what you want but yes you’ll have to learn JavaScript ;-) one option would be to use randomizer to randomize midi cc values and then in scripter it’s possible to convert those to channel strip automation. You can do the randomizing part too but I’m trying to suggest minimal JavaScript. There are some factory examples for how to control plugin parameters with scripter, look at those and it ahoood be possible to control the Channel pan but if not then use the gain plugin to do it.

No midi plug-ins are able to send anything, including midi, to the environment.

• 2 weeks later...
This post must be very difficult to reply to?

Can we use midi environment to capture the Randomize out and send it to trigger pan, sends etc?

Yes.

All MIDI FX send any modification to midi down the MIDI FX chain. If the last item is an actual AU Instrument, the MIDI FX stops there, but if it's a External Instrument and you use IAC or a MIDI Device looped back, then you can redirect to Click&Ports and capture what was sent from a group of a MIDI FX chain, then using a transformer and some cabling, you can modify the Pan and Sends.

You do realize that you can also MIDI Record the Modulation as Fader events as well right?

RecordedFader.thumb.png.e09c92ffa4fe26512f13639c6da73739.png

By doing this, you can just now cable that track to tracks that you want to Pan/Send and save on CPU instead of having a Modulation active.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok thank you both, now I've got some great new insights :)

Further tests with Randomizer show it doesn't do anything to my external instrument when set to the CC for Arp Note Length. Stopping and starting playback gets Randomizer to react somewhat like it should. But it definitely doesn't send a new random value on each trigger. Modulators LFO works as it should on the same CC

I'm hoping randomizer actually does output random values via trigger properly now...

Thanks for the info Valli, that sounds simple enough to be able to do myself easily enough

Also, I don't want/mind any recorded automation from MIDI FX

Yeah, I learn from that link when I started to look at The Environment.

Check out this thread too

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=146878

Here's a good book on The Enviroment too

http://www.lipscomb.umn.edu/docs/MusicTech/LogicEnvironmentTutorial.pdf

Fantastic links thank you

Ok I'm getting it slowly,

It's been wild for my brain trying to process all this

I'm confused with the routing, I can't figure out how to route in another transformer arrangement to randomise another/different CC via trigger.

I thought I could just run a second cable from the monitor down to 2 transformers that will create the random like with CC10 but it hasn't worked any way I've tried so far.

I'm also curious on how to recieve randomizers output

10436658_ScreenShot2021-01-14at5_54_43PM.thumb.png.8bfdb855a13ededdc0626ce3d41bd69d.png

Why does this already start to smell just like the problem with Randomizer not being able to send random trigger CC to an External instrument?

Surely it's just me and the signal flow... :?

You've updated the project, I kind of wasted my time looking at this now.

You originally had a CC106 going to your Moog Grandmother. I've attached 2 pages from the manual regarding CC messages, there is no CC 106 on the Mood Grandmother.

The other thing I noticed in the Transformer is use Fader, not Fader Midi, there is a difference.

I think at this point you'll need to post a flow of what you want to accomplish.

From what I see, there really is no need to use the Environment based on the project you uploaded, but you'll need to post a flow document that explains what you want to accomplish.

Grandmother_Manual 2.pdf