Simple Script needed in order to create additional PolyPressure midi events

AlexBerty

Can you experts please help me to create a midi engine with Scripter?:

I need additional PolyPressure (Polyphonic Aftertouch) events when one of these midi note numbers (sent on midi channel 12) come in: 36, 38, 40 and 42 (the PolyPressure events shall be created only on NoteON events). The mentioned notes shall also pass through.

The additionally created PolyPressure events shall feature the current note number (and shall share the same midi channel) and the value shall always be fixed to 127.

(UPDATE: the note number of the PolyPressure can also be fixed (one note number ONLY) and the value doesn't matter! Only the midi channel (12) has to be the same).

All other midi events shall pass through (which will be noteON + noteOFF, CC, PolyPressure (all these events are on different midi channels)).

So propably scripting this is easy for you but I cannot bring this to work. Please help. Thanks soooo much in advance! :D Alex.

Edited by AlexBerty

Have you considered the Transformer approach?

Yes, this would work if I could have a choice of a dedicated midi device (or several dedicated midi devices) feeding the input of an instrument track. But I can't find this: always all listed midi devices feed the input of an instrument track. Do you know how to set this up?

Have you considered the Transformer approach?

Yes, this would work if I could have a choice of a dedicated midi device (or several dedicated midi devices) feeding the input of an instrument track. But I can't find this: always all listed midi devices feed the input of an instrument track. Do you know how to set this up?

Not sure to understand...

If you wish to record on different tracks, you could also try using the Demix by channel approach...

That approach should work with IAC or actual MIDI gear.

Perhaps elaborating further on your issue could help clarify...

The additionally created PolyPressure events shall feature the current note number (and shall share the same midi channel) and the value shall always be fixed to 127.

UPDATE (which will propably make things simpler): the note number of the PolyPressure can also be fixed (one note number ONLY) and the value doesn't matter! Only the midi channel (12) has to be the same.