is Garage Band based on Logic software?

s31r61n7el

I have a new iMac with Garage Band, and there seems to be a lack of information on how to use Garage Band from Apple. Would studying Logic help me with Garage Band (i.e. creating drum parts from scratch), and maybe help me prepare to move up to Logic Pro X eventually? (music experience but new to this site).. Angela in Vegas

Thank you for your reply. You did help already just by telling me to check the help.apple.com page. I'm having problems when I create a new drummer region using the command-click method. The 8 bar region lines up right on the downbeat of the measure I want it on, but the hits are off a number of times in the next two measures, and it sounds kind of like I need to hire a new drummer, ( it upsets the entire rhythm of the piece). I tried syncing the snare and kick up with my bass but that didn't help. I tried deleting the 8 bar region and creating it again but it's still not staying with the groove and beat started in the first 16 measures. Angela in Vegas.