Add more movement to each sound

3ple

Hey guys,

Today, exploring some patches I found out a really cool thing that can be done to add some extra moment and interesting character to each sound.

This only works when you have a Software Instrument, like a synth.

Basically you just need to add a Modifier (MIDI FX) and assign the input as Velocity and then the Re-Assign To will be for example the feedback of a Delay (you have to add a Delay as insert). So the softer you play, the lower the feedback of the delay, the harder you play, the more feedback of the delay. This is cool, because it not only reduces/increases the feedback of the note you're playing at that time, but it also changes the feedback of the ones before and after that, creating movement, as if it was automation.

This can be done with all parameters: a filter, the size of a room, etc. Be creative :)

BTW: for some reason, when I choose Learn Plugin and I pick the left feedback on the delay, it shows me as Right Feedback and vice versa. Anyone experience this?

1831899575_ScreenShot2017-05-28at7_21_54PM.png.624ee09fde83bddb3f680d8751e6649c.png

Cool idea, that's super quick to implement... thank you for sharing Tiago!!

BTW: for some reason, when I choose Learn Plugin and I pick the left feedback on the delay, it shows me as Right Feedback and vice versa. Anyone experience this?

Hmmm no I get the correct Feedback parameter here.... weird?  :shock: Do you just pick "Learn plug-in parameter" and click a Feedback knob in the Stereo delay? (that's what I did)

Cool idea, that's super quick to implement... thank you for sharing Tiago!!

Hmmm no I get the correct Feedback parameter here.... weird?  :shock: Do you just pick "Learn plug-in parameter" and click a Feedback knob in the Stereo delay? (that's what I did)

Always a pleasure, David :) When I saw it and played with it (it was initially assigned to the Wet parameter of a reverb) I thought it was a very interesting approach to create more interesting sounds.

And yes, I just click the parameter on the Stereo Delay and it shows it as Left when it's supposed to be Right and vice versa. I tried the Crossfeed, Delay Time, Output Mix and all of them are reversed. Don't really know why lol I tried it after closing and opening Logic, same thing.

This is neat! Yes, the MIDI FX are really cool :) Been playing around a lot with the Modulator. What I would really like to see in a future update is the ability to assign more than one parameter in the 'Learn Plugin Parameter' menu, you can only assign one thing at a time... if you want more than one, you need to instantiate another Modulator.