Display key range in piano roll?

humanabstract

I know there are a few tricks out there for displaying the notes in a given key range, but for those who don't already know what notes are in a key to crete ghost notes, what other solutions are there?

Broadly, I'm trying to figure out how to get piano roll to indicate, in advance what keys fall within a given range without the need for creating ghost notes.

In my mind, it should work but selecting what scale you want to quantize and then just using collapse mode to show whats acceptable for that scale but as I understand it, collapse mode only condenses the notes you have already chosen within the arangement regardless of their scale.

Am I missing something here? i feel like a key template or overlay shouldnt be this difficult.

• 2 weeks later...
I know there are a few tricks out there for displaying the notes in a given key range, but for those who don't already know what notes are in a key to crete ghost notes, what other solutions are there?

Broadly, I'm trying to figure out how to get piano roll to indicate, in advance what keys fall within a given range without the need for creating ghost notes.

In my mind, it should work but selecting what scale you want to quantize and then just using collapse mode to show whats acceptable for that scale but as I understand it, collapse mode only condenses the notes you have already chosen within the arangement regardless of their scale.

Am I missing something here? i feel like a key template or overlay shouldnt be this difficult.