➤ Help answer these new questions!

Hooj

Re: Creating wavetables for Alchemy

Wed May 27, 2020 12:29 am

Thanks for this find, I had purchased a wavetable pack in the past and one of the packs (ALC) had the file extension .raw. A little research told me that this file extension is for Alchemy. I remembered that Apple bought it from Camel Audio and added it to Logic Pro X (though I don't use Logic much), so I set off to find out if and how these waveforms could be added to Alchemy... and I arrived here. They were made in 2010 for the Camel Audio version and they do work in Logic . There are over 25,000 waveforms in this pack, included were waves and wavetables that work in Absynth, Serum, Pigment and more too.
Thanks again!

logicprohacks

Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:22 am

3ple wrote:
Alchemy doesn't work the same way other wavetable synths do (hopefully in the future they will work on this). The morph is just for when you use Additive, so basically the waveforms you import are just for the VA synthesis. Still a good thing, but I wish we could morph as well

Amazing Hack! Thank you for detailing this information on how to add a huge plethora of sounds to my arsenal. I was able to find add Adventurekid's waveforms for Alchemy
https://github.com/KristofferKarlAxelEkstrand/AKWF-FREE

I'm so overwhelmed with the amount of sound possibilities. That said, is it possible to use the VA Oscillator control "Sym" as a substitute for the WT Position?
Mac Pro 5,1 (Mid 2010) | macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 | 3.4 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon | 80 GB DDR3
Logic Pro X 10.4.8
Korg Triton Extreme

Danny Wyatt

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:18 pm

logicprohacks wrote:
3ple wrote:
Alchemy doesn't work the same way other wavetable synths do (hopefully in the future they will work on this). The morph is just for when you use Additive, so basically the waveforms you import are just for the VA synthesis. Still a good thing, but I wish we could morph as well

Amazing Hack! Thank you for detailing this information on how to add a huge plethora of sounds to my arsenal. I was able to find add Adventurekid's waveforms for Alchemy
https://github.com/KristofferKarlAxelEkstrand/AKWF-FREE

I'm so overwhelmed with the amount of sound possibilities. That said, is it possible to use the VA Oscillator control "Sym" as a substitute for the WT Position?

Hey! This is my new account (former 3ple).
The Sym is not the same as WT Position. Actually, I was using the word "wavetable" over and over again, but it should actually be called just waveform. I guess at the time I was a bit confused about what a wavetable actually is...
That being said, the SYM affects the waveform itself.

For you to emulate a wavetable (kinda) with up to 4 sources, you need to use the Morph feature which uses Additive synthesis. Then you can morph between 2, 3 or 4 sources.
Hope it makes sense ;)
• Logic Pro 10.6.3 • M-Audio Fast Track Pro 4x4
• MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 • macOS Catalina 10.15.7
• 2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 • 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM

-----------------------------------------
Danny Wyatt (formerly known as 3ple here on the forum) - Musician and Music Producer
http://www.iamdannywyatt.com (links to all my social media included)

logicprohacks

Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:39 pm

Danny Wyatt wrote:
For you to emulate a wavetable (kinda) with up to 4 sources, you need to use the Morph feature which uses Additive synthesis. Then you can morph between 2, 3 or 4 sources. Hope it makes sense ;)

OK that makes more sense now. Logic's Alchemy can get pretty CPU heavy when using multiple sources and I'm afraid CPU usage will be an issue if I'm morphing between the different sources. I'm guessing it would be better to use a true wavetable synth like Serum or or vital instead doing it this way. That said, any wavetable synth will be heavy on the CPU, nature of the beast.

It frustrates me that Logic does not have a decent wavetable synth, And no, Retro synth will not do. I wish Logic would redo their ES2 Synth to allow wavetables, that would be EPIC! I love that synth.
Mac Pro 5,1 (Mid 2010) | macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 | 3.4 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon | 80 GB DDR3
Logic Pro X 10.4.8
Korg Triton Extreme