A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

 
Purrr
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:44 pm

Re: OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:02 am

Thanks!

Lexicons reply for anyone who wants to know:
" It hasn’t been fully tested, and I haven’t been given a timeframe. That being said, customers are having success and we haven’t had any customer report any issues at this point."
Mac Mini late 2012 1.3(32gb), OS X Yosemite latest, Logic 10.3.2, dual monitors, Emagic Logic Control & XT, Emagic AMT8, Focusrite Saffire pro 24, Lexicon Native PCM Reverb, Sampletank 3 SE incl. Miroslav Philharmonic, Sonnox Limiter & Inflator, Amplitube Fender.
 
User avatar
Atlas007
Posts: 9502
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:58 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:36 pm

moon wrote:
Atlas
Everything works after I upgraded the Mac OS to 10.11.4

BL

If you had Komplete 7 (or earlier version) already installed before you update your OSX to 10.11.4, that is normal. The problem is when you intend to install Komplete 7 (or earlier version) on a Mac with more recent OSX version (10.10 onward)...
LogicPro 10.6.1 ( & 9.1.8),MainStage3.5.1
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.12.6
MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.15.7
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, MCU Pro, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII
AAS, NI, Celemony, Spectrasonics, Korg, etc...
PC, iPad3(V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL), Several vintage gear
 
OC23
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:18 pm

Re: OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

Sun May 08, 2016 12:09 pm

Does the newest Ei Capitan work well with no issues? Specifically the AU/vst issues and not supporting Izotope?
Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) - Mac OS X 10.10.5 - Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 - Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
 
User avatar
fisherking
Posts: 5982
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 5:51 am
Location: yes
Contact:

Re: OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

Sun May 08, 2016 3:36 pm

OC23 wrote:
Does the newest Ei Capitan work well with no issues? Specifically the AU/vst issues and not supporting Izotope?


all good here...
LP10.6.1 • os11.3b • 2019 3.2 i7 imac • one plugin short of perfection
http://upstatebrooklyn.com
 
User avatar
Simon Morrison
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:03 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

Mon May 16, 2016 9:14 pm

Just upgraded to Mac OS X 10.11.5 (from 10.11.4) - everything is working well!
Simon Morrison • Audio Architect • Mastering Engineer • Music Technologist
Logic Pro X 10.4.8 | macOS 10.13.6
[ www.MorrisonStudios.com ]
 
User avatar
Spiralsurfer
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:28 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:44 pm

I'm still on 10.10.5, now that 10.11 has been out a while and the compatibility issues seem to be largely fixed would you say it's worth upgrading? Has anyone noticed any significant performance improvements from 10.10? If not I'm tempted to stay on 10.10.5 as everything seems to be working well with no issues.
http://www.thespiralsequencemusic.com
MacPro 6,1 - 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 64GB RAM, Logic Pro X 10.4.8, OS X Mojave 10.14.6, Apogee Duet firewire
MacPro 3,1 - 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32GB RAM, Vienna Ensemble Pro 7
 
User avatar
muses
Posts: 1067
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:38 pm
Location: 10019
Contact:

Re: OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:13 am

Hey Spiralsurfer, Apogee does not support firewire interfaces on El Cap. I haven't updated because of this. Pretty stable at the moment. If you're stable, you may want to stay put until you update your interface. That being said, a lot of people haven't had issues with upgrading their OS, so you could try, but try to do it on a separate drive at first to make sure it's all working well, and be sure to back everything up before you begin.
MacPro 8-Core || 18GB RAM || OSX 10.13.6 || Logic 10.4.4 || Apogee Ensemble Firewire || Doepfer LMK 2+ || 2 x UAD SOLO

My website
 
User avatar
Spiralsurfer
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:28 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:38 pm

muses wrote:
Hey Spiralsurfer, Apogee does not support firewire interfaces on El Cap. I haven't updated because of this.


Thanks for the reply, I'll leave it as is then. Right now everything is good so I'll leave it that way. Have been considering upgrading to an Apogee Quartet so maybe I'll upgrade the OS then too.
http://www.thespiralsequencemusic.com
MacPro 6,1 - 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 64GB RAM, Logic Pro X 10.4.8, OS X Mojave 10.14.6, Apogee Duet firewire
MacPro 3,1 - 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32GB RAM, Vienna Ensemble Pro 7
 
User avatar
joachim_s
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 11:27 pm

Re: OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:06 am

I have this problem where I can't move a project from one Mac to another without Kontakt not loading libraries assigned to specific tracks (I've written about this in a standalone thread). Will this be same case within the same system now also if I upgrade to El Capitan?
 
User avatar
pheewee
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:25 am

Re: OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:52 pm

Hello all,

I've just purchased a used MacBook Pro Mid 2015, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, running OS X 10.11.5.

I'm trying to install some plugins but got an error: "Installation cannot proceed as not all requirements were met. this product requires at least mac os 10.4." This had also happened before I updated the OS from Yosemite 10.10.5.

The plug-ins including: LA Scoring Strings, Mojo Horns, NY Concert Grand, etc..., all of which will need to be opened by Kontakt Player.

Is there any way I can roll back the OS to 10.9?

Is there anyone out there had the same problem and got a solution to the problem? I've been so procrastinating about upgrading my DAW to the new computers and now it hits me just like I was worried about. I don't want to toss this new piece in the trash but I will if it ain't help me to do my music. (Just an expression of frustration. It would go on CraigList if I can't find a solution.)

Please help. Thanks a lot.
Logic Pro 9.1.8
OS 10.6.8
Mac Pro, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz
16 GB RAM
RME Fireface 800
MOTU MIDI Express XT (Driver version 1.6 49190)
 
User avatar
Eric Cardenas
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 22735
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Uppsala, Sweden

Re: OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:33 pm

Are you using Logic 9 on that machine?
Do you have the latest version of Kontakt installed?
Eric Bradley Cardenas
EC Making Sound
Mac mini 2.6 GHz 16GB RAM Areca⚡RAID | MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz 16GB RAM | Os 10.14.5
Logic Pro 10.4.5 | RME Fireface UFX | Adam A7 + Sub8 | Spectrasonics | Softube
 
User avatar
pheewee
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:25 am

Re: OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:12 pm

No. Logic 9 is on my desktop, the conservative one with OS 10.6.8. Good thing I didn't upgrade it.
I have Kontakt 5 on the MacBook Pro.
Logic Pro 9.1.8
OS 10.6.8
Mac Pro, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz
16 GB RAM
RME Fireface 800
MOTU MIDI Express XT (Driver version 1.6 49190)
 
User avatar
pheewee
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:25 am

Re: OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:15 pm

Oh, thank you Eric for a quick response.
Logic Pro 9.1.8
OS 10.6.8
Mac Pro, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz
16 GB RAM
RME Fireface 800
MOTU MIDI Express XT (Driver version 1.6 49190)
 
User avatar
joachim_s
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 11:27 pm

Re: OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:52 am

Eric Cardenas, do you know the answer to my question as well?
Logic versions: Logic Pro X 10.6 (MBP and iMac)
Mainstage versions: MainStage 3.5.1 (MBP and iMac)
OS: MacBook Pro – Big Sur / iMac – 10.15.6-beta
Computer: MacBook Pro (15", mid 2015) / iMac (27", late 2012)
Processor: MBP – 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7 / iMac – 3,4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: MBP – 16 GB / iMac – 24 GB
Audio interface manufacturer and model: Apogee Duet the iOS+OS X version and Focusrite 18:8
 
User avatar
David Nahmani
Site Admin
Posts: 83550
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:16 am
Contact:

Re: OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:53 pm

joachim_s wrote:
I have this problem where I can't move a project from one Mac to another without Kontakt not loading libraries assigned to specific tracks (I've written about this in a standalone thread). Will this be same case within the same system now also if I upgrade to El Capitan?

I recommend you start new threads for all your questions, they will get much more visibility that way, and that allows us to keep different topics organized. Thanks!
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM
 
User avatar
joachim_s
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 11:27 pm

Re: OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:08 pm

David Nahmani wrote:
joachim_s wrote:
I have this problem where I can't move a project from one Mac to another without Kontakt not loading libraries assigned to specific tracks (I've written about this in a standalone thread). Will this be same case within the same system now also if I upgrade to El Capitan?

I recommend you start new threads for all your questions, they will get much more visibility that way, and that allows us to keep different topics organized. Thanks!


I agree, but this question is about how plugins in Logic will fare upgrading to El Capitan
Logic versions: Logic Pro X 10.6 (MBP and iMac)
Mainstage versions: MainStage 3.5.1 (MBP and iMac)
OS: MacBook Pro – Big Sur / iMac – 10.15.6-beta
Computer: MacBook Pro (15", mid 2015) / iMac (27", late 2012)
Processor: MBP – 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7 / iMac – 3,4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: MBP – 16 GB / iMac – 24 GB
Audio interface manufacturer and model: Apogee Duet the iOS+OS X version and Focusrite 18:8
 
User avatar
David Nahmani
Site Admin
Posts: 83550
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:16 am
Contact:

Re: OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:21 pm

joachim_s wrote:
I agree, but this question is about how plugins in Logic will fare upgrading to El Capitan

I'm not saying you are out of topic, I'm just trying to help you get an answer to your question. More people would see your question if you posted as a separate thread. This thread is now 14 pages long and individual posts get lost in them.
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM
 
User avatar
pheewee
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:25 am

Re: OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:15 am

Will do. Thanks David!
Logic Pro 9.1.8
OS 10.6.8
Mac Pro, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz
16 GB RAM
RME Fireface 800
MOTU MIDI Express XT (Driver version 1.6 49190)
 
edubz
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:44 pm

Re: OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:47 am

skylerdavid wrote:
iZotope software may have issues validating in El Capitan as well. They have posted a workaround on their website

https://www.izotope.com/support/kb/index.php/kb/article/700-How_to_validate_iZotope_software_for_Logic_Pro_X_and_Final_Cut_X_in_OS_X_10.11_El_Capitan


where is the work around? im having problems with my phatmatic pro it keeps asking for the serial number
 
el-bo
Posts: 2503
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:55 pm

Re: OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:40 am

Don't know if it has been mentioned but Focusrite's vrm box is not supported. I came close to upgrading to El Capitan, but I use this box as a headphone amp and cannot afford to replace it
there is no sanctuary

http://soundcloud.com/el-bo


mbp c2d 2.33 c2d (circa 2006), 3g ram , logic 9.1.5 / x 10.6.8
mbp mid-2012, 2.3 i7 quad-core, 8g ram, logic 9 / 10.7 / 10.9 / 10.10