Swipe comping of track group not working? Try this.

yks

If for some reason you end up with unsynchronized take folders that you need to edit as a group with swipe comping, you will probably find that swiping one track is not echoed across all the other tracks in the group. I found myself in that position recently with a drumset recording which had nine separate take folders, and one by some mistake had an extra track in it.

After much searching for an answer I found one, on this very forum.

The bottom line is, it seems to resynchronize all the take folders if you select all the lanes and make a cut across all of them. I did this with my drum group, having first made sure that all the take folders had the same structure, and now I'm able to swipe one and have them all reflect the edit. Yay! And thank you to the original posters of this tip, which is now enshrined here.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

And THANK YOU @yks for enshrining it here! I tried cutting the end of all the take folders it didn't work, but when I just made one incision, as you suggested, it now works, as long as I have all the tracks selected. I shouldn't have to have all the tracks selected (since they're grouped) but at least I can comp my drums! Thanks again!

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same issue, a pair of vocal tracks that are of the same group, with Editing, Quantized Locked Audio, and Track Alternatives all checked.

Groups of two tracks are active, and I even cut both sets of folders as you recommended, but the comp swiping is not following both sets of grouped tracks.  I wonder what it could be?  Also tried quitting Logic and starting again.