New LFO shapes for Alchemy

3ple

Following my most recent post on how to create new wavetables for Alchemy (https://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=130172), I found out how to add new LFO shapes as well. Not that the ones that come with it are not enough, especially if we use the Mod Map to come up with more interesting behaviors, but for those who want to try something new, here it is:

All you have to do is create a mono waveform that's exactly 1,024 samples long and then save it as RAW (all details on how to do this are available on my post, link above). Then just place that RAW file on your WaveLfo folder, under Libraries (check the post above for more details on this as well). Once you open a new instance of Alchemy, they will show up. Even if you drag the RAW files from WaveOsc to WaveLfo, that will give you more shapes too. It's really up to you what you want to achieve.

A nice way to draw your own shapes, even though they are not gonna be perfect lines and curves is by importing a mono audio file that's 1,024 samples long into Logic, double click to open the editor, make sure that File view is select and then use the pencil tool to change the current waveform. After that, just save it, open Audicity, save it as RAW and place it in your WaveLfo folder. You can download a Logic session I created just for that: 3ple - 1024 samples template.zip

853509934_ScreenShot2017-03-07at3_11_40PM.thumb.png.14504586f365c3b3b4a83c3ed3e3f59b.png

• 4 months later...