Get the most out of Drum Designer

3ple

Hey guys! :)

Probably another tip that most of you already know, but here it goes:

I always felt that the Drum Designer was and is a great plugin for drums, especially when I'm a drummer myself so I like how it sounds to realistic. The thing is that as a default, when you pick different presets on the dropdown menu, it only shows you the pieces for that particular kit, for example when you load Bluebird Kit and then you click the kick, it only shows you the kicks for that kit. It also doesn't let you have access to other options, like the bleed from/to other microphones, which is what really makes the sound be so realistic.

Simple view:

3ple-drum-designer-simple.thumb.png.fb0030b216a761d57cf23cd8eed826bb.png

Advanced view:

3ple-drum-designer-advanced.thumb.png.15e518854abc79400571e329846708c2.png

So the way that you can access this advanced view is by loading a patch under Drum Kit > Producer Kits. The problem is that sometimes you don't want a whole patch, just the preset and the "problem" with these patches (in some cases will be helpful, of course) is that it creates all the individual tracks and an extra bus, which can be something you don't want. So I copied all the kit presets (not patches) into my preset folder and now I can access the normal presets that are limited by kits, but I can also have access to the presets where i can pick a kick from a totally different drum kit, for example:

3ple-drum-designer-presets.png.2f3760c5015ecb00e1a0bb9aa7a30f51.png

If you don't want to find the presets and all that, here's a file with all of them:

Customizable Kits.zip

Just put the folder inside the zip file on your presets folder: 

~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Plug-In Settings/Drum Kit Designer

Hope it's somehow helpful :)

I'm just starting to dig deeper into drum designer, so this is fantastic.

Thanks.

Glad to know! :)

Drum designer is great and a lot can be achieved. If you play with the tuning of the snare you can pretty much have access to more snares with different sounds and vibe.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...