Send vs Bus vs Aux

Atlas007

I created a bus track, called it Voc Buss.

Im gonna feed 5 vocal tracks to it...

Using the routing maxtrix, I delete the send to master for each of those 5 vocal tracks...and I enable the send to the Voc Buss for each of those 5...

Maxtrix? Could you clarify?

When you say "delete the send to master...enable the send to the VocBuss", do you mean rerouting the vocal tracks (channelstrips)'s outputs to the VocBuss's input?

But each of those vocal tracks also contains several sends to effects tracks...

So what Im getting from my Buss now appears to be the vocal tracks without those effect sends?

What I want is the voc tracks, with their effects sends, sent to a bus.

How do I do that?

Thks

Ed

Have you tried rerouting the effects sends Aux channelstrips' outputs to your VocBuss's input as well?

I guess your 5 vocals tracks' output are sent to the vocal buss, plus they have effect/aux sends to effect/aux channels. 

Just change the effects/aux channels output to the vocal buss as well. Otherwise, of course, your vocal buss will only have the dry vocals. You have to route all signals, you want in a buss, to that buss. 

For that you can use sends or outputs. The main difference between these two is: 

Sends = Parallel

Output = Serial