Workaround for the Latch "bug"

3ple

Yes, I call the new Latch behavior, a bug. It makes no sense to me and to most of us.

Well, if you want to "bypass" that and keep your Latch without it going back to the previous state or whatever, once you're done with the automation moments, don't hit Stop (of course, as it will bring the automation to its previous state). Just click on the top bar below the beats/bars anywhere BEFORE the automation you just created.

That will keep the latch. Maybe you will need to fix the point where you just clicked, because Logic will create another point, but hey, it's just a node.

If you don't want to deal with it, another option (suggested by Eric Cardenas) is to hit the Play button in the transport bar.

In my case, because I love shortcuts better than mouse clicks, I set a different shortcut for Play. The space bar will still Play and Stop, but you can set a different shortcut just for Play. For example I set mine now to Control+Space. Now after you're done with the automation, don't hit Space Bar, just hit Play in the transport bar or create a shortcut for it. It will jump to where the playhead was when you hit Play to record the automation and it will not create a node. :)

It's not perfect and I really wished Logic would create a new option instead of changing the existing one but... that's how Apple works, unfortunately

• 4 weeks later...